OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Other Issues

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is the discussion to determine any other issues in setting up the constitution.

We absolutely need a freedom of information. The basic idea is that all citizens need to have enough information to play without having to open the save. This is a cornerstone of the plan to switch to C3C. The details can go in a lower form of law.

DaveShack said:
We absolutely need a freedom of information. The basic idea is that all citizens need to have enough information to play without having to open the save. This is a cornerstone of the plan to switch to C3C. The details can go in a lower form of law.
I agree with you wholeheartedly DS we need act. Ok I need this act because my parents will be making me pay insurance on the car when I get my license soon so I don't have the 20-30$ to buy conquests. We also need to Codify at leat part of the Judicial procedures, primarily CC's to prevent the nasty arguments that occured during the first CC.

Agreed with the information stuff. DG5 was pathetic in the amount of information publically available in the forums. Pathetic.

Strongly disagree about the procedures though. Chaos? Chaos? That was pretty darn calm compared to the past! Keep it as it is - let the CJ create the processes for that office. We demand from them fair hearings in a timely manner that answer the questions raised.

We don't demand from any other leader step-by-step instructions, written in law, on how they do their job, do we? Why don't we require leaders to actively seek input from the citizen? Of all the offices out there, the Judiciary has caused me more stress and disgust with people. Evaluate the CJ during election time on both their performance in the office, and in organizing the office.

-- Ravensfire

DaveShack said:

I agree :hammer: People w/o C3C could play....

Other items discussion summary:
  • Freedom of Information Act

Discussion points:
  • FOI Act (Please, if someone would locate and post it, I'd be grateful.
  • Anything else?

-- Ravensfire

ravensfire said:
  • FOI Act (Please, if someone would locate and post it, I'd be grateful.

-- Ravensfire

Not sure if we have one yet. Maybe luck will smile on me and I'll have time after The Apprentice.

FoI is good. Saves me the trouble of opening up the save :)

You're FIRED!!! :lol:

now on the freedom of information act:
Do we want to have a set procedure for someone posting a thread, and each official posting in it?
Or do we want it just to be general and say that leaders must keep the citizens informed?

Being that some might not have C3C, or even use the 1.22 patch (old ongoing PBEMs), I think there needs to be atleast some level of required information. Or, atleast information that can be requested.

i.e., an official wants to be governor, but has a Machintosh (thus, no C3C 1.22). (Remember that Stuck? :)) They can request that someone with the save post pictures of the cities in their thread, or post some stats.

Black_Hole said:
now on the freedom of information act:
Do we want to have a set procedure for someone posting a thread, and each official posting in it?
Or do we want it just to be general and say that leaders must keep the citizens informed?

As CT pointed out, some leaders won't be able to run the save, so how about creating an office to do this, or just have a group of dedicated citizens?

I would think that the appropriate minister/consul/grand poohbah or a person appointed by him/her should give information for those who need it. Also, I don't see how someone who doesn't have C3C v1.22 could possibly be the DP.

YNCS said:
I would think that the appropriate minister/consul/grand poohbah or a person appointed by him/her should give information for those who need it. Also, I don't see how someone who doesn't have C3C v1.22 could possibly be the DP.
they couldnt...

blackheart said:
As CT pointed out, some leaders won't be able to run the save, so how about creating an office to do this, or just have a group of dedicated citizens?

The president was always supposed to provide a clear summary of every Turnchat, so that should be his responsibility rather than the responsibility of a new office. I also like the idea of having the Ministers post information on their government threads, thereby easily allowing anyone interested in a certain office to go to the thread and get all the information they need.

Top Bottom