1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Other Issues

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Chieftess, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

This is the discussion to determine any other issues in setting up the constitution.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

We absolutely need a freedom of information. The basic idea is that all citizens need to have enough information to play without having to open the save. This is a cornerstone of the plan to switch to C3C. The details can go in a lower form of law.

3. mhcarver

mhcarver Newspaper Mogul

I agree with you wholeheartedly DS we need act. Ok I need this act because my parents will be making me pay insurance on the car when I get my license soon so I don't have the 20-30$ to buy conquests. We also need to Codify at leat part of the Judicial procedures, primarily CC's to prevent the nasty arguments that occured during the first CC.

4. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Agreed with the information stuff. DG5 was pathetic in the amount of information publically available in the forums. Pathetic.

Strongly disagree about the procedures though. Chaos? Chaos? That was pretty darn calm compared to the past! Keep it as it is - let the CJ create the processes for that office. We demand from them fair hearings in a timely manner that answer the questions raised.

We don't demand from any other leader step-by-step instructions, written in law, on how they do their job, do we? Why don't we require leaders to actively seek input from the citizen? Of all the offices out there, the Judiciary has caused me more stress and disgust with people. Evaluate the CJ during election time on both their performance in the office, and in organizing the office.

-- Ravensfire

5. truckingpete

truckingpete On a Stark Trek

I agree :hammer: People w/o C3C could play....

6. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Other items discussion summary:
    • Freedom of Information Act

Discussion points:
    • FOI Act (Please, if someone would locate and post it, I'd be grateful.
    • Anything else?

-- Ravensfire

7. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Not sure if we have one yet. Maybe luck will smile on me and I'll have time after The Apprentice.

8. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

FoI is good. Saves me the trouble of opening up the save :)

9. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

You're FIRED!!! :lol:

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

now on the freedom of information act:
    Do we want to have a set procedure for someone posting a thread, and each official posting in it?
    Or do we want it just to be general and say that leaders must keep the citizens informed?

11. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Being that some might not have C3C, or even use the 1.22 patch (old ongoing PBEMs), I think there needs to be atleast some level of required information. Or, atleast information that can be requested.

i.e., an official wants to be governor, but has a Machintosh (thus, no C3C 1.22). (Remember that Stuck? :)) They can request that someone with the save post pictures of the cities in their thread, or post some stats.

12. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

As CT pointed out, some leaders won't be able to run the save, so how about creating an office to do this, or just have a group of dedicated citizens?

13. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I would think that the appropriate minister/consul/grand poohbah or a person appointed by him/her should give information for those who need it. Also, I don't see how someone who doesn't have C3C v1.22 could possibly be the DP.

14. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

they couldnt...

15. Ashburnham

Ashburnham King

The president was always supposed to provide a clear summary of every Turnchat, so that should be his responsibility rather than the responsibility of a new office. I also like the idea of having the Ministers post information on their government threads, thereby easily allowing anyone interested in a certain office to go to the thread and get all the information they need.