Ok, this is my first unit (some future ship)

Mile

Chieftain
I was in need for some future ship for my scenario but couldn't find anything so I was left with no choice but make something myself ;)
Right now i only got default animation but i'm working on the rest.

Attachments

• ship.zip
    26.9 KB · Views: 63
And how do u make an animated preview?

Attachments

• ss.gif
    ss.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 267
If you';ve only the default ani, this is the wrong forum, cowboy, should simply be in Creation & Customization..

Awsome:goodjob: we are in desperate need of future ships:)

Originally posted by Mile
And how do u make an animated preview?
In the utilities forum there is a flc to gif program.

Yea, cool.
Some time ago someone posted some pics of future units, from another game, any work being done on those? They really looked awesome!

Yeah, looks good, esp. for a first unit :) Keep up the good work.

u sure its ur first?;)

wonderful, wonderful stuff :goodjob:

u sure its ur first?
You will soon notice it yourself when u see those ungly explosions of death anim, which i'm working on now ;) Model is the easiest thing to do, that transparency stuff is the most confusing...

And here's the preview of run anim ;)

Attachments

• run.gif
    run.gif
    46 KB · Views: 178
does it have an official name or just "some future ship"?

It looks realy good, but I think you camera angle is out slightly, it makes the boat look like its doing a wheely. :)

Its hard to explain the corect camera angle, but there are some good tutorials around somewhere with adequate diagrams.
I look forward to seeing more.

What 3-d program are you using?

If it's a rhino-model I could give the ship an awesome rail gun attack.

I also have a premade template from which I get my camera angles for perfect isometric view.

Anyway, so far i made the default, move, and death anims.
I didn't make any explosions in death anim, but other than that it looks ok, i think.

And there is no official name for this ship, unless u make one :) How about YAFS (Yet another future ship :)). I think it's up to the user to call it whatever they want when making a scenario.

Smoking Mirror, yeah u right, i'll change it some day, maybe, now i'll just try to finish the anims (There is attack and fortify anims left)

btw anyone knows how to make some pretty explosions? (i'll need it for attack anim anyway)
What 3-d program are you using?
Yep, i use rhino.

Here's the preview of death anim (or part of it cuz full anim is too big):

Attachments

• death.gif
    death.gif
    77.1 KB · Views: 160
It can't be called YAFS because this is the only future ship;)

Top Bottom