Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
Just got released!
https://mohawkgames.com/2021/12/15/old-world-update-80/

Highlighted Changes:
  • Scholar Tutoring no longer costs money
  • Saddleborn Units now get +25% flanking bonus
  • It is now possible for characters to simultaneously be Vengeful, Plotting Against, and Estranged From the leader
  • Added event to allow for counter espionage
  • QuickLoad is now mapped to F11 (was F12)
  • New Paintings: Decree 3, Wizard
  • 50! new events added
  • Naval units built in a city will start in the largest adjacent body of water (if no Harbor exists)
Full changes https://gist.github.com/MohawkGames/8bd275fdad077b187523d6c955a06930
Spoiler :

Main Branch: Old World Version 1.0.56632 Release 12/15/2021

Design:
Scholar Tutoring no longer costs money
Saddleborn Units now get +25% flanking bonus
It is now possible for characters to simultaneously be Vengeful, Plotting Against, and Estranged From the leader
Added event to allow for counter espionage
Reduced the chance of grove resources being chosen for player starts
Naval units built in a city will start in the largest adjacent body of water (if no Harbor exists)
Improved geographic features in Mediterranean and Middle East Maps
QuickLoad is now mapped to F11 (was F12)
Make Chosen Heir now costs 10 Legitimacy. The opinion bonus/penalty for being made heir/bypassed has been increased.
Added birth/marriage notification for everyone in Royal family
Random Leaders are now mirrored in team games
Bonus culture for shrines adjacent to mountains reduced from 100% to 50%
Increased Legitimacy gained by completing some ambitions
Adjusted opinion modifiers for some traits
Reduced probability of Time to Kill event

Art:
New Paintings: Decree 3, Wizard

UI:
Game now disables/hides options that are no longer available when selecting Barbarians/Tribes only, No Character Mode

New Events:
A Long Ride
A Voice in the Dark
Agent Caught
Always Vigilant
An Oath of Support
Ancestral Oath
Anthropology
Avenging the Banner
Birds of a Feather
Bitter Harvest
Bound by an Oath
Building Better Relations
By Cloak and Dagger
By Sword and Siege
Child Labor Abuses
Command Decision
Connections versus Relations
Connections versus Wealth
Daily Veneration
Drunken Ambition
Ebb and Flow
Favored Spouse
For Your Entertainment
Fuel for the fires
Glory is Eternal
Land of Veneration
Matters of State
Moved to Action
New Travelers
No Room for Heathens
Old Paths
On the Hunt
Our People
Plans of Attack
Prophet of Destiny
Proximus Egomet Mihi
Smoke and Ash
Spear or Staff
Tactical Analysis
Take the Money and Run
The Fallen Banner
The Fortune Teller
The Road to Glory
The Walk
The Wisdom of
To Hear Your Voice
Value Judgement
War Machines
Waste no Fear
Wayward Son/Daughter

Bugs:
Fixes issue where research choice did not always register after redrawing techs
Addressed issue where some scenario options were not loading
Fixed Play-by-cloud games not showing the turn summary popup
Fixed issue in Learn-to-Play Scenario 4 where incorrect family was assigned to a worker
Fixed issue in Learn-to-Play Scenario 3 where Olympias mission didn't complete goal
Fixed issue with Holy War not always giving a promotion
Addressed issue where team color was occaisionally not showing in team links
Fixes to pre made Mediterranean and Middle East maps (thanks nolegskitten!)
Various Event and Hint fixes
Test Branch: Old World Version 1.0.56511 Test 12/08/2021

There are several good changes here. But even when Dale acknowledged that there are several ways you can get bypassed penalties for your whole family (and recursively to newborns) without deserving them (I have a posted a still reproducable save for one of them, but got them in other ways too), the penalty was increased to -60. Very disappointing.

We're on a slower update cycle now to allow for better testing. The update that went out on Main yesterday (the 15th) is from a branch we made the previous week, on the 6th. So there's no fixes for Bypassed in this update, we figured the issue out more recently. The next patch will address Bypassed, and there I think we've caught the majority of cases that result in surprising behavior. The issue required some thought, so I hope you can understand why it wasn't fixed immediately - and we appreciate your descriptions and saves that allowed us to figure out what's going on!

Ah thanks Solver, that is good to hear, I did not realize you guys actually had found something.

Curious to see how the counter spionage works. I do not know if it is a coincedence but I had a lot more spies destroying my walls recently, and the spy being discovered did not stop them. So I was about to post a request for counter espionage in the "what would you like" thread.
I also like the Scholar tutoring being free, not being able to be a governor and a tutor at the same time made it a bit useless, but now it becomes much more attractive.

Awesome. Does this patch include the Inheritance screen scrolling fix?

Yes, pretty sure that one made it.

Ah thanks Solver, that is good to hear, I did not realize you guys actually had found something.

We've specifically looked at situations where an heir steps out of the line, then back in, for whatever reason. This includes things like imprisoned/released, exiled/forgiven, etc.

So I have been looking under my Christmas Tree but the present @PiR promised is still not there :sad:. Is there a release date for the next patch?

Top Bottom