One tile island cities

buck beach

Prince
Is there any way to prevent a one tile island city from being capture by revolting soldiers during a revolt? If not I will quit garrisoning or establishing them.

Sorry if this has been previously discussed, if so just tell me where?

Buck

I think what he means is that during rebellions, the enemy units will spawn randomly around a city - but with a 1-tile island there's no room for that so at times they'll just take over the city directly right off the bat.

To be honest I never settle one-tile cities since there's almost no reason to do so. The odds that they'll be near a resource that I don't have anywhere else in the world is pretty low, and they're rarely very productive so I just don't bother anymore. More trouble than they're worth most of the time.

Rebels can take a city even when there are land tiles around. Hence a one tile island grants that a city won't suffer from that kind of revolts, not to mention it's harder to conquer. These look like pretty powerful advantages to me. Provided the city is in a useful position, obviously.

Rebels can take a city even when there are land tiles around. Hence a one tile island grants that a city won't suffer from that kind of revolts, not to mention it's harder to conquer. These look like pretty powerful advantages to me. Provided the city is in a useful position, obviously.

Well the reason I I asked is this is happening regularly, just like the way Rezca pointed out. When it happens all troops within the city are eliminated.

I haven't established the cities unless resources are involved or I like the location either defensively or offensively. . To prevent other cities that have at least one land tile other than the city, I have been strongly garrisoning them and set up killing fields. May be gamey but it has been a good tool gaining experience for my Generals and other troops.

Like my first post said, I will just stop creating such cities.

Its the Rebel spy who buys the cities loyalty. The only way you can stop it, is too garrison a spy, but not a sure fire way.

Garrisons will just be booted to your nearest land/Neutral land, not killed or eliminated.

Ultimately, you need to bribe city, keep it happy, its a game, its supposed to be challenging.

Its the Rebel spy who buys the cities loyalty. The only way you can stop it, is too garrison a spy, but not a sure fire way.

Garrisons will just be booted to your nearest land/Neutral land, not killed or eliminated.

Ultimately, you need to bribe city, keep it happy, its a game, its supposed to be challenging.

Thanks for the spy info.

I

Top Bottom