1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Menu song, are there others like this?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Lonkut, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Lonkut

Lonkut ..--""--..

Me like song. Did firafaxixexax came up with it by themselves or did some artist made the song and they just put it in the game? If yes, whats the name of that author?

2. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

The song is named "Baba Yetu". It's roughly a version of the "Our father" prayer in Swahili. The song was composed by Christopher Tin. Talisman a capella provided the vocals.

3. Lonkut

Lonkut ..--""--..

Thanks man though kinda disapointed cuz I doubt there are others like this one, no?

4. Psyringe

Psyringe Scout

Christopher Tin as well as Talisman a capella have recorded other songs, but I don't know how similar they are to Baba Yetu. Google for the names, perhaps you find a site which has some demo music from them.

5. Blackclove

Blackclove Chieftain

Christopher Tin does have a site with some demo songs. At least one seemed like Baba Yetu. (I also love that song - so does my wife who hates Civ - I admit I put it on the iPod!)

6. Pbhead

Pbhead Hail the Byzantines

yas, baba yetu is a great song... its just got that feeling... even though i tend to like things without vocals.