Opening Picture

Yes and I can't figure out what is going wrong.

:hmm: Initially, I thought that you might have been selecting one of PSP's web-safe format options. On closer inspection, I see that the file you posted actually uses the Windows system palette. What's more you're getting this GIF file problem with a number of graphics editors. From a post in another thread, you also indicated that you have no problems saving files as 8-bit BMPs (with the correct palette). It's looking more like an OS problem – but you've got me stumped.

Wobbegong said:
Have you tried using Kobayashi's method in something like MS Paint?

My method requires that you use PSP. As far as I know it is impossible to go wrong as long as you:

Use an existing title.gif which you know works.
In PSP use 'paste as new selection' under the edit menu once you load up the title.gif
Use 'Save' (as opposed to 'Save as') and overwrite the old file.

Nothing can go wrong because you don't need to change or adjust anything.

There are some drawbacks as mentioned before because you are using the palette of the original gif and size wise you have to match the pixels of the new picture to that of the old one but none of these will cause a crash.

That may be the problem. I'm using Save As and not Save.

Mondas said:
Whaat does OS mean?
Operating System.

kobayashi said:
My method requires that you use PSP.
No it doesn't. MS Paint will do the same and what's more it'll automatically resize the canvas if it's too small for the pasted image. It's just got crappier colour resampling, that's all.

Mondas said:
That may be the problem. I'm using Save As and not Save.
What's your definition of "I've tried everything"?

Will this saga be finally put to bed? :crazyeye:

I tried everything you suggested.

so far, I can't seem to save a title in any format that works :crazyeye:

kobayashi said:
MS paint cannot save in the correct gif format for title pictures?
I'd tested it out using the version of MS Paint that ships with Windows XP. It worked fine. However, I just gave the Windows 98SE version a shot – and you're right about that one. It doesn't work. ;)

I have windows ME and it don't work either

I just know that I can't seem to do it. I remember a few years ago that there was a program online that did it for you but I can't remember where it was located at.

Top Bottom