Ork Looted Baneblade (22nd July 2004)

muffins

Lemon scented
I'll let a green-skinned friend of mine explain this unit :)

Warboss Thrugg of the Bad Moon Clan said:
Weeb found this tank afta a big scrap ona stinkin' uumie woild. It wasn’t nachrul fer da stinkin' uumies ter av such an obviouslee Orkish tank so ah shouted at mi boyz ter loot it an take it back 'ome, see. Wunce mi mek-boyz saw it they ripped da turret apart an stuck a custom kannon innit. Mee tink dat da technicul name fer it iz da Big Double Banga or sumfing. They alsa took owt da weedy uumie 'ull shoota an replaceded it wif a propa shoota – a Gut Busta from a wreckeded Gargant. Nows it’s a propa Ork tank. Pity da runts couldn’t git dat uumie stink outa da fing.

Feel da Waaagh!!

http://civfanatics.net/uploads8/OrkBaneblade.zip 1.85mb

EDIT:Hikaro Takayama has been kind enough to post some great sounds for this unit. You can grab them from his post on page 2 :goodjob:

Attachments

• PediaPreview.gif
    PediaPreview.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 4,791
That's really impressive modelling - I love your added ammo bins and belts to the turret gun.

I'm wondering about the shadows, do you think they give the illusion of the tank appearing to float just above the ground?

Great! I like the entire series of tanks you've done

Nah, the Shells are obviously Ejecting inside the tank.. the Orks plan to sue them as Cups, Waste paper bins, and Chamber pots :p Make a Looted Leman Russ!

Awesome tank, Muffins. It's going in my Final Fantasy mod as one of the Shinra Unique Units: The Grosspanzer! :D Seriously, though, this is one Badazz unit, and one of your best, thus far. I'll have to see about whipping up some sounds for this bad boy.

I have to admit this is about 10 steps higher than that other tank you made at 1:30 AM. I guess you made the other in about 4 hours right! :eek: Awesome but it paid off for this tank! Great job on another.

:eek: Wow, great tank.

Are you planing to do a few more 40K units? Perhaps a imperial soldier, or even Space Marines ?

Hmm, I think I have to try to make a little 40K mod. ;)

Hey, Hikaro, if you are still planning to post sounds for this crazy tank,
you think you can find the 'run' sound that is shorter? While the BandBlade original version had 15 frame run animation, this one only has 10. I tried using the BBRun.wav that you posted for the original version for this tank and the sound was just a little too long for my taste. What do you think? :confused:

Patience, man, patience! I'm in the middle of making my own unit on top of working 15 hours a day. I'll try to get the sounds done by the end of this weekend. I could shorten the run sound, no problem. The attack sounds are another matter, though. I'll see what I can scrape together, though (I'm half tempted to use the nuke explosion for the big cannon attack, just because :p).

Hehe, nuke sound for the big cannon, huh? That doesn't sound too bad actually :D thx for the reply, and good luck at making your own unit :)

Top Bottom