Other Mac Games:

Originally posted by dojoboy
Well, I just preordered MoO3 today from Chips&Bits! :D :borg: ;)

I just did the same. What do you figure? About mid-March at the latest?

Hey gfeier, have you been playing the Moo series? I emailed Beamup that we should play an MP game againts AIs. It can be a tutorial for me. I'll be the welfare species! :D

I suppose I'll take Psilons (probably a bit modified) and be the research powerhouse of our little alliance. It would be quite useful if one person were to take a militarily powerful race so they could have the big navy and fight for everyone. Or maybe I should take the Ithkul and do both at once! Hmm, I like that idea.

Oh, by the way - allied victory is not implemented, so technically we couldn't "win" as an alliance. My attitude towards that is that we can simply ignore that and could a win by any of us as a win by all of us.

I played the heck out of Moo2 for many years. I still play it occasionally on my current box, except that you can't invade planets without a 100% chance of a crash. Oh well, that's what stellar converters are for. :D

At the risk of driving this thread even further off-topic, have either of you ever heard of Battlefleet Gothic, a miniature tactical space combat game set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe? The ships are a scream! I just found out about it and I'm going to check it out since I used to play WWII naval miniatures games. It would sure make a dandy computer game.

No, I've not heard of it. Btw gfeier, what is your time zone? USA?

USA - East Coast (but I'm in and out a lot and you can never tell when I'll be on line).

Originally posted by gfeier

I just did the same. What do you figure? About mid-March at the latest?

Mid-March is probably right on, just in time for my Spring Break. :)

...would be the Total War series of games. That would make me sooooo happy!!!

I've played Total War (for Japan) on the PC and it's almost enough to make me build my own PC just to play this group of games!

:tank: :ripper:

Beamup, is it really G3/350 or is it G3/300 (as listed at MoO3 forum and MacSoft's website) for MoO3?

No idea. But, such things tend to be rather subjective - the sysreqs for processor speed are usually how fast it needs to be to play the game as the developers want. USUALLY if you're a little bit below the listed requirement the game will run, though performance is likely to be poor.

Well, don't depend on it for any info. It's months old, so apparently a lot of the info has changed - and the consensus among the beta testers is that the writer of the PoS guide didn't have the faintest clue what he was talking about. Supposed to be a decent MoO-addict fix, but not useful for actual information - much less workable strategies.

And yes, I called it the PoS guide. What does that stand for? Prima Official Strategy guide, of course. But if you thought it meant something else - you'd be right about that too, from all I hear.

Aw shucks!. Well, for a noob it makes good reading. I used some gift money to buy it, so I don't feel too bad.

Top Bottom