Out of Curiosity: Your Scores

Scandinavians

Chieftain
Out of curiosity, what scoring method do you all use to go by your victories? As in, do you go by the game score or the normalized end-game (the score that affects your ranking on the "leadership abilities of..." scale) score, or something else?

I go by the game score. I feel really good when I get a high normalized score, though as you all know, the normalized scoring system in Civ 4 is ridiculous and is primarily based on speed.

I usually use the game score also. I don't really understand the other scores. It seems the higher the level and the earlier the victory the higher the normalized score is.

i just go by if i had fun and if i learned anything. lately i've been trying out things i NEVER EVER do just to see how they work out. did a no wonders game the other week. was hard to fight the urge to build them, it really was. but it was completely spiffy to capture the great wall and chichen itza (which i never build in the first place) from julius and think 'haha thanks for investing all those hammers suckah!'

i really don't even notice the scoring numbers when they come up, since several of my games are cultural victories and the scoring on them is way wacky low.

i really don't even notice the scoring numbers when they come up, since several of my games are cultural victories and the scoring on them is way wacky low.
Yes, I began ignoring the scores when I started doing cultural victories. I noticed that domination victories, which occur earlier in the game, get ridiculously high scores. KMadCandy is right, the score isn't related to the fun you had winning (or not winning :mischief:).

I go with just generally how well I think I did in the game. For example, I may have spent ages too long building an attack force or focusing too much on wonders.

I go with a mix of the end year of the game, my score and the percentage of land that I have.

I feel happy if I've won by a means by which I do not normally win by, such as my first Noble Cultural victory, or my one and only Conquest victory.

so the normalised score does consider difficulty level? wow, then I can be sort of satified with my recent domination rampage.

so the normalised score does consider difficulty level? wow, then I can be sort of satified with my recent domination rampage.

hey if it met your bloodthirsty mood and the bad guys got slaughtered you can be satisfied even if your score was compared to dan quayle IMO!

@technocactus: grats on the new types of wins! i know exactly what you mean, i've been trying/eventually winning cultural on higher levels now, and just did my first diplomatic game where i actually needed votes from two other civs to win, and where it mattered who my opponent would be, and i finessed it so well that i got my perfect chosen opponent and everybody else voted for me! i was quite proud.

@StarWorms: "For example, I may have spent ages too long building an attack force or focusing too much on wonders." that is/was soooooooo me. i'm trying to kick the habit. i wish us both luck in that area.

hey if it met your bloodthirsty mood and the bad guys got slaughtered you can be satisfied even if your score was compared to dan quayle IMO!

i didn't expect it to take that long. except for one i had to conquer or at least attack everyone in the game. but monti died, that alone was worth it (yes, made my "backstabbed!" experiences with this guy).

I get a bit irked when the game calls me Dan Quayle, beyond that, I don't pay much attention to the score.

The way see it, the normalized score barely decreases, if at all, until the "100 turns left!" mark is reached. At that point it decreases every turn.

But yeah, many of the victories we're proud of, at least, in my opinion, consist of the cultural, space, and perhaps epic conquest victories.

Lucy - I also get so annoyed at being called Dan Quayle. I wouldn't mind the normalized score, in fact, I might actually go by the normalized score, if not for its time-biased system.

Top Bottom