P3-02 - Hostile Takeover Inc.

Just curious, does AW also mean war between different AIs or only between you and AIs?
It means war with the AIs, not necessarily the AIs among them. They start out like always and can declare and take peace with one another. However, with their mutual struggle diplo plusses, they rarely war among eachother as soon as they all know you.

Okay, since I'm planning to start the game soon - who has any good idea for leader or map settings? I agree with Ralph that we should have a difficult map for AW. (Pangaea comes to mind)

As leader... well, a warmonger. Just who? ;)

I would like a protective leader, a trait that will be useful for a change and which is generally not loved much. So Mao, Wang, Toku, Churchill, or whoever...

May I suggest Charly as the protector for your next game? ;)

Seeing how much they used suicide cat's in that Shuye 6.5 AW game, I rolled a trial game with Korea (Hwacha UU, +50% vs. melee catapult). I played on Monarch and small pangea (4 opponents) and it was more or less a pushover, being able to camp 3 AI's capitols with archers/chariots, though all but 1 managed to get settlers out eventually. I eliminated two with cat/war elephant/sword/axe stacks, then mostly turtled and was going to take rifling with liberalism shortly after the opponents had researched CS/Engineering. Mostly they would send HA/Chariot/Catapult stacks at my cities with WE's, which got boring. I would be up for playing Wang again and also throw out Gilgamesh (oracle feudalism?). I would suggest standard map size pangea if we play Monarch.

I like the idea of using Gilgamesh, although I'm no fan of using protective. He's strong enough in the early game where survival is our main priority.

Never played AW, but Gilgamesh sounds good for it. Are there any open slots for P3-03? :)

What about Burger King for even more early defense?

I believe Loki and Meiz were not going to play in the next game so there's an open slot for you, Muxec.

Never been a fan of the Burger King. He starts off very slow and the Landsknecht isn't that useful IMHO. The Rathaus is the only thing they've got going for them.

Even in AW protective is limited, particularly in the early stages which'll make or break your game. 'Proactive' action is easier (and better as well, IMHO) than waiting out the enemy behind walls. I'd much rather have Aggressive or Charismatic as war traits, but if the team agrees on a protective leader then fine.

Oh well, I just threw in protective for the sake of it... Agressive or charismatic sound good too. Especially charismatic. Or both. Boudica, anyone? If need be we can hide behind our Dun. :D

Why not actually start a thread to discuss further? :)

If you want a military superpower you can try Cyrus or Genghis. With lots of wars and Imperialistic we will have lots of great generals.

If you want a military superpower you can try Cyrus or Genghis. With lots of wars and Imperialistic we will have lots of great generals.

I don't know about "Lots" of wars. More like one REALLY BIG war! :lol: :crazyeye:

I don't have any strong preferences about leaders, but don't forget that we will need to do all of our own research (well, unless we utilize espionage) and an economic-oriented trait will be very useful too.

Hm, on that note maybe we could play an AW EE, ha! :eek: We could take either of the Chinese leaders and build a fitting early Great Wall to fully take advantage of all 3 of its' benefits (GSpy points for EE, More GG's with most battles fought in our territory, and less barbs for us = more for our neighbors).

One question before we start; is anybody already using 3.19? I'm still on 3.17 because I still have a few SG's running.

3.17 can be loaded with 3.19. 3.19 can not be loaded with 3.17. Start with 3.17 and upgrade if needed.

I'm still running 3.17 but could easily switch--not in any SG's but do play FFH from time to time.

3.17 Here too

Top Bottom