Pantheon Suggestions

Arithmion

Warlord
I was wondering if anybody has any ideas for Pantheons, either new ones or changes to existing ones. Work Ethic definitely came out of the blue, and Religious Settlements is almost always the number one pick, so how should we mix it up?

My personal idea is a new pantheon that gives you a Great Prophet. That way, religion players don't have to spam Prayers, making religion a more viable play, while balancing it out by giving you no other bonuses. It would be powerful, but not the be all and end all go to pick for every game. I'd also like to see how y'all would like to change the ones that almost never get picked, in the same way that Firaxis themselves are doing.

Your thoughts?

Edit: I personally would also enjoy clarification on the pantheon descriptions. "City growth rate" is horribly confusing to somebody not on these boards or looking at a wiki. I would assume at first glance that it referred to border expansion or population growth, except that those are already covered by other pantheons.

My favorites are the ones that react to the lands or the resources that you are around. Those aren't the best ones, but I think they're the most interesting, and I hope that is what they gear towards going forward (ie not civ 6).

in another thread I mentioned giving a free trade route and trader to one of them. I think it would be strong but fair considering they have already given away free settler.

Work Ethic is a religious belief. Religious Settlement is good only because you save 10+ turns of production early game.
I don't think religion is not viable; sure it takes resource to get a religion but some of the effects are pretty rewarding in the long run.

"City growth rate" is horribly confusing to somebody not on these boards or looking at a wiki. I would assume at first glance that it referred to border expansion or population growth ...

I always thought that's exactly where the 15% is applied (to food, so if I am working 10 total food tiles, I would actually get 11.5). Is that not correct?

I always thought that's exactly where the 15% is applied (to food, so if I am working 10 total food tiles, I would actually get 11.5). Is that not correct?
It’s 10% to growth, not food. So if you earn 10 food but your good for nothing citizens eat 4, you have 6 food going to growth and that’s what the 15% boosts. In the end the city reaches the same max size only faster.

I'd like a pantheon that gives you +10 CS when fighting units of a civ following another religion (or in cities of anther religion)

Frankly we could do without a number of pantheons that rarely if ever get picked (fire goddess, religious idols etc)

Pantheon Suggestions:
Epiphany - Instantly gain 75 points towards a great prophet.
Dreams and Visions - Gain 1 random Eureka and 1 random Inspiration from the ancient or classical era.
Holy Ground - Immediately place holy site district. Holy sites require 15% less production.
Gift from Above - Immediately produces a relic.
Rain Dance - Droughts are 50% shorter and do not destroy improvements(they are still pillaged). For 10 turns after drought affected tiles also produce +1 faith.
Holy Land - Tiles adjacent to holy site gain +1 faith and +1 appeal.
Polytheism - Your cities boost incoming religious pressure by 25%. Additionally gain the founder belief of the secondary religion in your cities.
Monotheism - Religious pressure to your cities is reduced by 25%. Shrines and Temples +1 faith.
Atheism - You cannot found a religion or build religious units. Religious pressure to your cities is reduced 50%. Cities without a majority religion produce 0.25 science and culture per citizen.

I know this is about pantheons, but I would also like to see more defensive religious beliefs.

Underground Church - City exerts 50% religious pressure of your majority religion if it is the secondary religion in a city.
Solidarity - Religious pressure to your cities following your majority religion is reduced by 25% (increases to 50% once Reformed Church civic is completed)
Monastery (worship building) - +3 faith, Religious pressure to this city is reduced by 50%.

I would also like to see a Diplomatic policy card added to Humanism Civic called 'Freethinkers' (Religious pressure to your cities is reduced 25%. Religious units are not allowed to enter territories if you are at peace with that civilization).

I'd like Atheism to be in the game as a way for science players to combat religious players.
Also Fire Goddess is super powerful on TSL east Asia. Especially so if you're playing as japan.

Ancient Aliens. Your nation believes itself to have been founded by 'Star People'. Gives bonuses to science, free Eureka for Astronomy (or random other if you already have it)

Top Bottom