1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 2.42 vs 1.3

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by loopinaloop, Aug 16, 2012.

1. loopinaloop

loopinaloop Chieftain

Hello my friends!
    I was wandering what is the difference between the 1.3 patch for MGE and 2.42 for the Classic? I'm asking this question because I wonder if I should keep two games or just one. With AI hostility patch it seems that MGE should be nothing more then Classic + Multiplayer Gold. But I'm not sure if version 1.3 covers all the changes that are encoded in 2.42. Could someone clarify this?

Maybe TOT version should be considered as the ultimate Civ2 experience? Although yes, I do share classic Civ2 nostalgia and I don't want to lose anything because of using MGE or TOT version.

2. Blasph23

Blasph23 Terraformation Junkie

Looks a bit like thread necromancy but oh well...
    MGE has all the things that 2.42 has, or even 2.73 (save for scenario tools in this one), plus multi and hostile AI, as well as support for large maps (250x130 is possible). Also some wonderful scenarios require MGE to work.
    All in all, MGE has everything that 2.42 has plus more. The only downside is the permanently hostile AI, although some nerds consider it to be another plus.