• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Patch 3.13 early thoughts

I can't be absolutely sure, but I don't think there's a problem with aggressive civs. Must've just been a poor roll of the dice, drewbledsoe.

Probably every civ in my game is at war with someone right now.

But after you build them, they do have culture...Right?!?!!?!

There's something fishy about the resource trades. I've had a deal canceled twice (a bit) after the 10 round period only to have that same leader coming to offer the same deal in a round or two. Does the AI think that it must cancel all deals it can? I haven't had more resource trades yet so I can't say if this happens all the time but this far it's 100% of the deals.

Yeah... sometimes I have been extorted by the AI for resources[of course I don't accept] before the patch on several occasions...

I can't really tell you if it is doing it to me with the patch since my game CTD's everytime I load it up since I patched it.

I've noticed that the new version of then game (3.13) changed the "reputation" (sry for my english, i play with a german client) of my 3.03-savegame, but mostly in a good way.
Where I formerly hat -1 with an opponent because of espionage or trying to force him tributing money, I now have -4, and this makes sense to me, because getting forced to pay or get your cities corrupted by spies should really p%*%ss you on.
But with one AI-enemy i had suddenly -10 reputation and I could'nt figure out why.

Also, there were new reasons and influences, for example having destroyed a Holy City.

So far, somehow smoother gameplay, even with "old" savegames.

It only effects relations with the people who are in the religion you destroyed if I am not mistaken. i don't understand the logic behind doing that anyway, those cities are gold mines.

If that city has the Annoying Palace, or just good old spite :)

It only effects relations with the people who are in the religion you destroyed if I am not mistaken. i don't understand the logic behind doing that anyway, those cities are gold mines.
I burn all cities with religions that aren't mine unless they're very far away from my core cities or have something really awesome in them. I hate it when I have more than one religion in my territory! :p

I've noticed the much faster tech rate also, though I've only played one 3.13 game.

I was just about to post about this trading anomaly....

I might try to ask "What do you want for this (1 fur)" and then they proceed to ask for 5 items from me! Then, some time passes and then he offers his 1 fur I wanted for only one item (versus the 5 he asked for before). This occurred with all the leaders.
Exactly the same experience here, AI tech rate seems very high and trading is wierd.

I've only played one game (Prince/Large/Epic) in which I am stuck on a long snaky continent with just Wang Kon and he is doing the same trade shenanigans: Offer 1 for 1, then cancel the deal and demand many for 1 when I approach him. A couple of turns later he is back offering 1 for 1, but if I try to negotiate his offer he goes back to demanding many (4+) for 1, and will not accept his own original offer anymore (within the same negotiation).
For example I am currently at +9 (pleased) with him and he has one surplus fish and just canceled a fish for wheat deal. His current demand when I go trading is Copper+Clam+Corn+Pig+Wheat, although it has been worse to the point where he wanted my only marble and iron as part of the deal, even though he already had iron of his own!
EDIT: Now a couple of turns later he is back offering me fish for clams, I ask if he'll negotiate and we are back to the 5 for 1 deal!

I've also noticed a couple of other things...
even though I have a city significantly encroaching on one of his culturally, I am not getting the close borders creating tension modifier.
No wars anywhere (it is currently 1655AD).

So far, the significant issues people are testifying to are:
  • Culture value of buildings not showing up on tool-tip
  • Aggressive AI setting is very tame (conflicting reports)
  • AI evaluation of resources you are asking of him in trade seems grossly exaggerated
2 of these are seriously game-breaking. I'm definitely holding off patching for the time being.

Bah - really almost no wars in most of the games? That gets boring! :mad:

What I really liked in BTS was the freaking wars AI-AI... :mad:

• AI evaluation of resources you are asking of him in trade seems grossly exaggerated
2 of these are seriously game-breaking. I'm definitely holding off patching for the time being.

Same. It doesn't sound like it's work patching. Shame, there are alot of good changes in there.

Hmmm...an update on my Wang Kon game.

I have now met a few more civs and the trading 'bug' seems to be related to valuation of health and strategic resources. Trading for luxuries seems more reasonable.

For example, Hannibal has silver, deer, cows and fish and 2 gold per turn available (plus 2 clams that are red), if I:

Ask for silver...he wants copper+clam+corn+pig
Ask for health...he wants copper+clam+corn+pig
offer copper...he offers 2 gpt
offer marble...he offers 2 gpt
offer iron...he offers 2gpt + cows (what generosity!)
offer health...he offers 2gpt
offer luxury...he offers cow (getting closer)
offer copper for any resource...he wants copper+clam+corn+pig
offer health for any resource...he wants copper+clam+corn+pig
offer luxury for Silver...he ACCEPTS!!!

So, if you offer a one for one luxury trade the resulting deal is reasonable, pretty much all the rest of trading resources seems messed up!

Oh, and why does he even want clam, Sid's sushi is a distant dream at this point!

Another thought on the tool-tips/culture value... is anyone using Blue Marble? I am. Does this occur on non-BM installs?

Has anyone tried the scaling tool to see if they can make it work?

Are spies supposed to be kicked out of foreign land as soon as you declare war on them? It makes the sneak attack near impossible...

Top Bottom