Patch Information & Plans

When I installed the 1.15 patch there was a drop-down list which made me choose between the different languages... ?

Does anybody have news about the final patch (C3C) that is supposed be release at the end of february?

thanks

Ibistat

Originally posted by Ibistat
Does anybody have news about the final patch (C3C) that is supposed be release at the end of february?

thanks

Ibistat

I thought the final patch was going to be near the end of Quarter two (June!?). :)

I guess we can expect an interim patch some time in March. Only guessing though. :)

From the first post in this thread:

Originally posted by Tavis
This patch will be an ROW Localization Version for 1.15 that will still be considered BETA. After this release there will be no more BETA patches. A full release will be made available at the end of February that includes fixes for many of the issues that you are encountering.

That's why we're expecting a patch about now.

I think we just passed the end of february :mischief:

I have been waiting several days already to start my new SP game, since I wanted to play it with the new patch so please hurry up and get it out before I die from Civ abstinence!

I see nothing terribly wrong with 1.15 and for me that's a perfectly good patch. Doesn't mean that I wouldn't welcome a patch with other improvements. But I'm not that much in a hurry. I'd rather have a very good patch than one delivered on a date as promised but with still plenty of bugs.

I agree that a good and finished patch is better, but that doesn't make me want it any less :D

Not to be an adam sam sam but saying

" I'd rather have a very good patch than one delivered on a date as promised but with still plenty of bugs."

Sounds like the Conquest I bought, delivered on time but with lots of bugs. But then again X-mas is only one time a year, so if Conquest was released when the bugs got figured out then they miss out on the X-mas sales.

Can someone give us a stats on the evolution of the final Patch?
Maybe Tavis, he is the thread owner ....

At least tell us, do we have to wait just a few days/weeks or months :(

Thks

I have downloaded the beta patch for C3C and have got a new field when setting up a game that is called Bonus and defaults to 0.

What is that for?
I'm questioning this partly because I'm finding C3C harder than C3. Is this my imagination?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Andy Tarrant
I have downloaded the beta patch for C3C and have got a new field when setting up a game that is called Bonus and defaults to 0.

What is that for?
[...]

Bonus???? :confused: Not "seed"? :rolleyes:

I thought the end of February post was later changed by Tavis saying Q2.

Well, the "seed" field enables you to enter a value ("seed") for the random number generator for map creation. This value is allowed to be alphanumeric.
So, if you would enter "civilisation" you would get a certain map. If you would enter "civilisation" a week later, you would get the same map again (under the assumption, that you didn't change any other settings for the game setup).
Nevertheless, if you would enter "Civilisation", you would get a different map, due to the upper case.

And about the difficulty of C3C in comparison with C3... If I remember C3 correctly, than C3C is maybe a little bit more difficult since it is more complex.

Top Bottom