PBEM - Black Screen During Automatic Moves

j.nolen

Chieftain
A friend of mine and I are playing a C3C Scenario: Rise of Rome. The issue we're having (the game works fluidly) is that whenever we pass the save off when the next person gets the save and starts their turn all the automatic moves (ie AI moves) are done with a black screen so we have no idea what happens. Then our advisor's pop up asking questions, making specific mention of cities needing instructions, but still a black screen at the background. We finally get to see geography when we get full control of our units. At this point we're both looking around wondering exactly what happened and trying to plan based on our memory from a few hours (or days) before.

Any help with this issue would be great. I'm running the game on one of two XP computers, one with integrated Intel graphics, the other with a GeForce Go 7200. He is running Win7 with an Nvidia chip (Dell Notebook).

Attachments

• PBEM - black screen.JPG
    PBEM - black screen.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 70
It's really nothing to worry about. You wouldn't want your opponent watching the AI move around your Kingdom, just as your opponent doesn't want you seeing his land. The game just wasn't developed enough to differentiate between the AI running around on your territory and AI on or near the lands of your opponents. It's just a gliche in the game. The problem I have with this gliche is that when the advisor you mentioned tells you about one of your own cities, and you click to bring that city screen up, the terrain for the city is also blacked out.

It's just a case of game designers and programmers not doing what needs to be done, and then no quality control to follow up. Try to learn not to be irritated by incompetence.

Top Bottom