Peace negociation exploit

Stephan Hoyer

Conquering Civ IV...
I just started playing the World 1000AD scenario as the Chinese. Naturally, the Mongolians invade with hordes of Keshiks and despite my best efforts, they manage to conquer one of my cities before they'll even talk.

So I enter negociations and desperately ask them if they'll return the city as part of the peace deal. Genghis says no way. Then I click on the button "What are the terms for peace?" and I get a popup from the game warning that peace treadies may only involve payments of gold, tech or cities from one side to the other. But my original proposal to Genghis is still there, and this time I have the button "Yes, we accept your offer." So I click it, and I get my city back in the deal I originally asked for that previously was unacceptable.

Definitely not what should have happened. Genghis had been kicking my butt!

Another bug I found is that after you ask for the terms of the trade and the AI gives their terms, you can modify both yours and their money amounts used in the trade and then just click "Accept terms".

This will allow you very "fair" deals such as the one in the attached screenshot. But that's nothing compared to some of the other deals I had like paying 1 gold per term in exchange for 9 gold per term, dyes, and gems.

Attachments

• fairdeal1.JPG
    fairdeal1.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 64
I'm not posting a new bug report here, I'm sure the one I mentioned was already discovered by others. I'm just showing another example of an exploit which is probably caused by a similar bug as the one described in the first post.

Top Bottom