"Peacemonger"

Siptah

Eternal Chieftain
Has anyone gotten this steam achievement already?

First, I wonder about the exact conditions to unlock it - is it really just not building military units or does upgrading scouts to military units prevent it as well? Does it exclude boats as well? I guess the warriors that you get from curiosities can't prevent it.

What would be the best settings to pull this off? I know I can simply set the game to peaceful mode but that would be rather boring. Similarly, I could use an AI persona that never attacks.

So far, I've made two attempts (without upgrading) and had to give up both due to longer defensive wars in which I've not been able to reinforce my weakling scouts which sadly decimate over time. I first tried it in a usual game setup, the second attempt was on a tiny map with just one player, because I thought it may be easier to be on good terms with this one player. But alas, they get so many grievances against you... I got relatively far (early modern era) with this before the inevitable war I couldn't defend happen. I mean, is the best option to just let them win wars and give up some of your stuff 2-3 times throughout the game? I haven't tried high difficulties with this, as I don't see a way to get through any war without units with AI combat bonuses, so I tried it on nation so far (which also means the game should be easily winnable otherwise).

So if anyone got this without using peaceful mode or only pacifist AI, how did you do it?

Edit: third attempt aborted. This time, I managed to secure an alliance early (Midas) and did not expand as rapidly so that all grievances were forgotten and all seemed to go well. Until the IP showed up and pillaged territory after territory (while never attacking a city) and I, once again, ended up without any units.

Last edited:
nvm, made it. And in this particular game, it turned out to be no challenge at all, sadly.

Tiny map, continents, no new world, lots of water, one opponent (Midas again). I could make sure to get all territories on my mini continent quickly so that there was no independent cities (I ransacked some camps though). Fought only two battles the whole game, not earned a single military star.

The failed games were pretty engaging and fun, the successful one pretty meh. It's definitely a change of pace though... Victory was only around 1500 fame difference, so higher difficulty might have proven a problem.

I attempted this but the achievement didn't unlock. Does declaring war void Peacemonger? (It sounds obvious but the description doesn't say you can't declare war. Just that you cannot build units apart from scouts).

All my units were from curiosities and assimilated/levied (independent peoples) units. I did upgrade them though.

Top Bottom