Percision Bombing

Jocko

Chieftain
It wouldn't let me use percision bombing against any enemy cities. The only thing I could think of is if the enemy didn't have anything in the city to bomb but they should have. Anyone else not getting this to work?

Your probably using the earliest bombers, the type used during WW2 which of course didn't have precision bombing, theyjust carpeted bombed everything.

Only get precision bombing with stealth bombers or F-15's not sure which one or if both

I was using the F-15 and it had the option. Oh well. I'll see what happens next time.

I have also had problems using precisions bombing... I've tried using Stealth Bombers (and I think stealth Figheters). The precision bombing icon shows up at the bottom.

When I click it, I get a circle with a slash on everything I put my cursor over, EXCEPT my OWN cities.

Just for kicks, I tried clicking on my own city and it did precision bomb my own city, knocking out a unit of population (even though I had improvements). I didn't pay attention if it bombed a foreign national in my city, or one of my own. I thought precision bombing was only supposed to kill citizens if there were no improvements?

Anyway, the option is there--I just can't target anything useful.

Yea I went back and tried it with Stealth Bombers and fighters, only comes up that I can bomb my own cities. I had one plane fly recon over before I tried to bomb too but that didn't work either.

Hey, this happens to me too. After choosing precision-bombing for my stealth bomber, I was only allowed to choose my OWN cities as a target, and after I chose one of them, the plane carpet-bombed it. Whatta hell?????

same problem here.. since i was playing on a custom rules map, i thought it was a problem with the rules, and i didn't feel like starting another game to try it out (haven't used it yet in normal games) but i can't target it with anything, stealth bombers, stealth fighters, f15's... except my own city... this could be the solution to that annoying barracks problems when in a siege though

/me guesses that they accidentially flipped a bool, you shouldn't be able to target your own city (can't do it with regular bombardment, can't you) and you should be able to do it with the enemies.. pretty obvious IMO :D

update... precision bombing is also NOT between the airplane orders in the PDF manual

If anyone reading this has been able to get percision bombing to work could you please post it here.

si,ultaneously press P and click the enemy city - it will work everytime

Top Bottom