Permanent War Mod

andrew14566

Chieftain
Can someone help me find (or better create) a mod where there is permanent war between two teams. I tried to create a game where there are two teams and when I want to declare war on the other team, some civ on my team makes peace like three turns later. It's very annoying. Thanks for any help!

Try advanced set-up and the 'Always War' option. I think that will still work properly even with multiple civs assigned to the same team. If you were creating a Worldbuilder scenario for the two-teams game you were trying, 'Always War' is one of the options in the Scenario Editor box.

One note, if you don't assign multiple civs to the same team, the 'Always War' option will cause all civs to always be at war with every other civ, including city-states. And city-states will always be at war with you.

Yeah, for some reason WorldBuilder isn't responding when I start it up. Also, I can't find the "Always War" option ingame.

Oops. Forgot I turned that option on in Advanced Set-Up a long time ago.

If you navigate here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions.xml

inside that file you will find a set of commands:
Code:
<Row>
	<Type>GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR</Type>
	<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_ALWAYS_WAR</Description>
	<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_ALWAYS_WAR_HELP</Help>
	<Visible>0</Visible>
</Row>
if you change the 0 to a 1 in <Visible> like this
Code:
<Row>
	<Type>GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR</Type>
	<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_ALWAYS_WAR</Description>
	<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_ALWAYS_WAR_HELP</Help>
	<Visible>[B][COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR][/B]</Visible>
</Row>
That will always make the 'Always War' option visible for you to select in Advanced Set-Up. This will be true whether it's a modded game or a non-modded game.

If you know how to make mods you can also make a small mod that has this code in it
Code:
<GameData>
	<GameOptions>
		<Update>
			<Where Type="GAMEOPTION_ALWAYS_WAR" />
			<Set Visible="1" />
		</Update>
	</GameOptions>
</GameData>

Note that where I color-coded blue you might have a slightly different folder path based on what version of windows you have.

Top Bottom