Personal request: How to remove the Kilimanjaro effect?

vyyt

Deity
Hi modders,

I have a small personal request. I do not like that when a unit gets close to Mt.Kilimanjaro it receives the Altitude training promotion. I find it gamey and I do not enjoy sending all my units on a "pilgrimage" to the wonder over half of the map to get the damn promotion.

I haven't seen many complaints of this kind anywhere, so I suppose most people like it or do not care. Therefore I am not suggesting to remove it from CBP, I am only asking if some good person who knows more about modding then I do, would kindly write me a simple SQL to either remove the ability of Kilimanjaro to provide this promotion or even remove the natural wonder from the game completely if the former is too complicated. I can copy-paste it into a mod-mod or to CBP itself.

I suppose it is just an simple SQL command - however if it is more complicated, do not bother with it, it is not that a big deal for me and I can live with the "magic" Kilimanjaro. I think this is the only one, right? The Fountain of youth is just an ordinary wonder now, correct?

(btw, I sometimes deleted it from the map directly with IGE in the past, but I am playing with EUI for the 2nd time and the CBP version 10/21 CTDs whenever I click the IGE icon, so this option is not there for me anymore)

(btw, I sometimes deleted it from the map directly with IGE in the past, but I am playing with EUI for the 2nd time and the CBP version 10/21 CTDs whenever I click the IGE icon, so this option is not there for me anymore)

Try CTRL-I it opens the same box that clicking would have. Don't know if that will prevent anything though. Or, try right-clicking the IGE in the upper corner, it has an option for safe mode which it mentions if you get crashes, I think. Don't know if this will help though.

Try CTRL-I it opens the same box that clicking would have. Don't know if that will prevent anything though. Or, try right-clicking the IGE in the upper corner, it has an option for safe mode which it mentions if you get crashes, I think. Don't know if this will help though.

Thanks for your reply. I tried Ctrl+I, but I was still getting CTDs. I do not know if it is EUI or something in the new CBP version, I have never had problems with IGE before. I will try the right click thing.

You are welcome. I've just updated the file, please download again before you add it to your mods-folder tomorrow. ^^

Hi Lynnes!

It did not work on my current game (as you had warned me), but when I started a mew test game and RASed Mt.Kilimanjaros around my start, it worked perfectly. Thanks again!

Top Bottom