Phoenatican Ministry of Trade - Term 5

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Ministry of Trade

Term 4
Term 3
Term 2
Term 1

This is the thread for the trade department for the fifth term.

Here now is my trade policy. There guidelines are to be used when I am absent.

1. We will trade luxury resources with all nations, no matter their ranking.
  2. Strategic resources that would allow construction of weapons, etc. that may harm Phoenatica will not be sold. For example, we'll never sell uranium, but will sell horses at this point in the game.
  3. Resources should only be sold in deals containing gpt.
  4. We will give gifts to our friends to raise their opinions of us.
  5. Let's win!:king:
    [/list=1]

This policy is may change at any moment, and is open to citizen comments.

To start things, attached you will find the trade tables for 1780.

During the turn chat, there are a few deals that need to be renegociated, and some that need to be started.

First, I want to renogociate the 41gpt spice/incense English deal for 62 gpt and 2 gold upfront. Then, we should change the zulu gems and saltpeter for 50 gpt to 61 gpt and 10 gold upfront. The Aztec incense and ivory for 20 gpt deal, Aztec spice and gem for 23gpt deal, and zulu spices and incense for 35gpt will all come end on turn five; they should be renewed. The India silk for gems and incense deal will end on turn 4, that too needs to be renewed. All renewals should be for as much as possible.

Didn't understand that:confused: READ THE TRADE TABLE!

As Science Leader for term 5 I would like to say to please not trade any techs this term. We have to keep are tech lead at all costs.

also
Congrats on your poistion!!

There is a council vote for the acceptence of Havok as governor for the province of Scythia. Please cast your vote.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Strider, I have to agree with you. However, trade deals are only in your jurisdiction, that's why tech trades are not list in the policy.

I recommend working closely with ISD nonetheless since the 2 issues of tech & other trading are closely linked.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

The Trade Table for 1800 A.D.

I've just discovered the the history department already compiles a list like this. Maybe I'll just start copying and pasting...

As for deals, I'd like to sell incense to the Iroquios for 5 gpt and 7 gold to hopefully raise their esteem. Heck, maybe we could just give it to them as a gift.

Who can be bothered with mundane matters like trade when there are national parks to name and parties to plan? It's not like the economic well-being of the nation depends on..uh.. oh.

;)

Originally posted by Danke
Who can be bothered with mundane matters like trade when there are national parks to name and parties to plan? It's not like the economic well-being of the nation depends on..uh.. oh.

;)

Mundane? I think not! ;)

Just take a look at Term 2 and 3... :egypt:

Here's a report on our trade activities, courtesey of the Daaraa and the histroy department.

Resources : 7 Iron, 10 Horse, 4 Dye, 5 Incense, 6 Saltpeter, 5 Ivory, 5 Coal, 1 Gems, 1 Furs, 4 Aluminum, 4 Rubber, 6 Oil, 4 Uranium and 3 Spice

Import :
Wine From England
Silks from India

Export:
Incense to Aztecs (8 Gold per Turn for 5 more turns)
Ivory to Aztecs (8 Gold per Turn for 5 more turns)
Spices to Aztecs (8 Gold per turn for 5 more turns)
Gems to Aztecs (7 Gold per turn for 5 more turns)
Gems to India (30 Gold per turn for 4 more turns)
Incense to India (30 Gold per turn for 4 more turns)
Spices to India (20 Gold per turn for 4 more turns)
Incense to Babylon (36 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Incense to England (30 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Spice to England (31 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Incense to the Zulus (18 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Spices to the Zulus (17 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Saltpeter to the Zulus (31 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Gems to the Zulus (30 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Spices to the Chinese (1 Gold per turn for -- more turns)
Incense to Iroquois (5 Gold per Turn for 10 more turns)

And here are the deals I'd like to propose.
  • Sell spice to the Iroquios for 23 gold and a worker
  • Thats the only one.
Any thoughts?

Please cast your vote in the Council Vote for Chief Justice.

Because of my recent appointment to the office of Chief Justice, I hereby resign my position as the Minister of Trade. As to a replacement, I recommend Toasty. I appointed him deputy, but he was never confimed.

Top Bottom