Pike and Shot seem pretty good.

Archon_Wing

Vote for me or die
I usually ignore them but I noticed that they have the same strength as a musketman but not being weak to melee units. They're also resourceless. Musketmen come sooner but not by much. They're also cheaper than the Pike and Shot but that's hardly an issue at that point.

Considering that niter isn't always that reliable, that would seem to make them better than muskets.

I know that, but you don't even need pikemen to get pike and shot, so not sure why this comes in here.

It means you have to build them instead of upgrading them, which puts them behind Muskets.

It means you have to build them instead of upgrading them, which puts them behind Muskets.

Can't you just build spearmen right before metal casting and then upgrade them? I remember being able to build pike and shot before when I never got Military Tactics for pikemen.

Can't you just build spearmen right before metal casting and then upgrade them? I remember being able to build pike and shot before when I never got Military Tactics for pikemen.
I think you need Pikemen available if you want to upgrade Spearmen.

It's a good thing because you're going to be looking at them for a long time.

That is quite annoying that you can't upgrade. I couldn't upgrade my spearman into AT crew because I didn't have military tactics. It was a unit I built in the beginning for a city-state quest. It had a promotion, so I figured I'd keep it. I spent 1 turn researching military tactics so I could upgrade to AT crew.

I think you need Pikemen available if you want to upgrade Spearmen.

Well that's kinda strange. But I guess on the occasion I lack niter, it could be worth picking up military tactics. Probably not. There's always the faith buy then.

Well that's kinda strange. But I guess on the occasion I lack niter, it could be worth picking up military tactics. Probably not. There's always the faith buy then.
The clue's in the name. No 'Pike and Shot' without PIKEmen.

Sorta breaks down when it comes to at crews. And you can build pike and shots manually without it.

Never built them before but I guess i'll try them by default playing as Gorgo

Top Bottom