Play as Switzerland!

i just asked my mom and she said we came over to what would later be the US in 1667 or something like that, not 1616.

Originally posted by MiChello
Either that or with a four meter' pike :lol:

rofl, yes the 4 meter pike..

it is funny that people dont realize that the swiss are still a country because of their pike square formation that decimated any invaders back before modern times.

i believe to this day many of it's people have automatic weapons under their beds ready to mobilize at a seconds notice..

erm, that's not quite true. True is that every man who was in the army (=everybody because everybody has to go) can keep his "Sturmgewehr" (= gun). This isn't just positive. It's mostly negative, because there were many 'crimes' (suicide for example) commited with these guns.... But the army wants to change this: it's just too expensive and in our country the budget is getting smaller and smaller everywhere...

mfG mitsho

:lol: some really wierd choices you've done here, mate.

having a religious reformer as MGL, some cities which i couldn't even point out on the map in the top 10, giving us militaristic (ind/com is probably to most apropriate trait-combo)
and build often? OFFENSIVE land units? you must be joking :lol:

check out marla's european mod. we've given her some advice what she could use :)

btw, we have got the highest military-per-capita rate, but that's mainly because we did't serve just in 1 year-long block (like in most conscriptions) but begin with approx. 4 months and then do yearly 2 or every two years 3 weeks. like that, men were "active" until ~32 or even longer. and reserves went up to 40 (where you finally were officially free).

but many of us reserves (i'm one of them too) can't really be called army personell. we go there, waste our time doing some mandatory stuff (like ABC-attack reaction, reanimation, and some troops-specific practise), but more or less we spend our time watching DivXs, playing cards in the pub and getting bored.

i guess it's time to get rid of conscription :)

mitsho, are you one of the "durchdiener" or just the 18 weeks? have fun :)

Nein, ich bin nicht ein durchdiener, noch nicht, und ich denke nicht, dass ich durchdiener machen werde.... :) ausserdem muss ich noch nicht dieses jahr gehen,
mitsho

In other words(a barely readable translation provided by www.freetranslation.com):

No, I am not a through servant, not yet, and I do not think make, that I through servant werde... moreover I must go not yet this year.

Sims2789 said:
In other words(a barely readable translation plrovided by www.freetranslation.com):

No, I am not a through servant, not yet, and I do not think make, that I through servant werde... moreover I must go not yet this year.
:lol: sometimes these translators are fun ;)
- a "through servant" is someone who does the military service all at once (swiss conscription normally means once for a few months, then every year for 2-3 weeks)

okok, sorry... .) I'll never post german again, ok? But I just answered a german question, so isn't it normal to answer in the language one is asked?

mfG mitsho

Top Bottom