1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Playable Alien Civ ("The Xeno Planetary Defense Coalition") development thread

Discussion in 'CivBE - Mod Development' started by Nutty, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Nutty

Nutty Chieftain

2. Xaos

Xaos Chieftain

I was just thinking of a way to include the native aliens as a civ without having them have to start as animals.

To expand on my idea, perhaps the miasma is a result of whatever the catastrophe was and the advanced aliens don't like it any more then the humans do. It would simplify assimilation of a new playable civ.

3. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

This can be an alternative way of adding aliens in the game if option "Don't Stagger Starts" is enabled. However my idea comes into play as an animal if it is not enabled.

However the more I think about it, does this kinda conflicts with the progenitor's? The progenitor ruins out there pretty much put their structures up on the surface.