1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Playing My Own Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by NewWaver, Apr 8, 2020.

1. NewWaver

NewWaver Special Agent

Hello.

I've just made a scenario using the World Builder SDK on Steam and I want to run it in-game to give it the initial test, but for some reason it doesn't work and loads a new game with a settler and warrior. Is there something I may have missed in the process of saving the map?

Thanks.

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Are you starting the game via the MODS menu, pressing "NEXT" in the mods menu, then "SINGLE PLAYER", then selecting the map, and then clicking the little round "Load Scenario" button in the modded games game-start menu before clicking (I think it is called) "START SCENARIO" instead of the usual "START NEW GAME" button ?

If you aren't following this procedure, you can select the map in the unmodded game menus but you will get a random start placement with the usual units.
    If you do everything in this procedure but forget to click the little "Load Scenario" button on the modded new game regular menu you will also just get a normal and randomly-selected start position on the custom map.

The start positions on a premade map aren't 100% random -- the game will always pick the same X spots but you will not really have any control over which of the spots the game assigns to you.
    If you go through the MODS menu but forget the "Load Scenario" step as I recall you will got one of the pre-placed start positions on the map as made in WorldBuilder (if any start positions were assigned) but as best I can recall you will also just be more or less randomly placed for which of the pre-determined start positions you will get.

3. NewWaver

NewWaver Special Agent

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks for the help. The Mods section is where I didn't go. I was under the impression that I needed to go there if I'd done any major modification, rather than just a scenario with standard units/buildings, etc. Guess I was wrong. ;)

Thanks again! :)