Playing on hexes: Notes from Battle for Wesnoth

Actually it probably would. Unless RNG made you lose every single time you fought. Doesn't Civ also have lots of luck too?? Haven't your units in Civ lost against a 99.97% chance??
Sure, but in Civ it's mitigated by the fact that I have dozens upon dozens of units. Most BfW maps aren't large enough for players to field the number of units it would take for the randomness to be mitigated enough for my liking.

Try wesnoth-xp for 1.8.0 (talked about here), with a smoothing setting of 3 and damage split ratio at 0%, and see what you think. =) Less likely to get total hits on you/total misses on others, but you still need to watch out for enemy units you are attacking who are in high defense locations. And because there are fewer *complete* misses then before, you don't really want one unit to be attacked by more than 2 or 3 units at most on the one turn. =)

But I think a smoothing setting of 3 really makes Wesnoth more enjoyable without removing all the luck - you still are kept on your toes, but the game is a little more forgiving. :)

Best regards,
Steven.

Top Bottom