Plug & Play for dummies

Supreme Shogun

Warlord
I need some help getting this to work. Also, please assume I am a first time user of mods, my level of proficiency working with them is real LOW.

First off I followed the tutorial in the README FIRST thread ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=218933) If I can get aborigines to work then I got the hang of it I can do this for the others.. I've installed the SVN extension and used it as described to get the files onto my computer. I made my own Workshop directory on the desktop. I've also made me a generic mod named Plug & Play for now, also creating folder Assets and subfolder named Modules. According to everyone's conventions, I am to make another subfolder in modules called Custom Civilizations. Also in case of the Aborigines I need to make "Aborigines" a subfolder of Custom Civilizations. So that there is a path of Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Plug & Play\Assets\Modules\Custom Civilizations\Aborigines. All the files downloaded into my workshop can now be transferred to the Aborigines subfolder. After all that, it should work right?

HOWEVER, loading up the mod and choosing the Aborigines in the "Play Now" menu causes a CTD.

This does work with BtS, right? OR did I miss something else that's simple ?

Thanks in advance for replies.

OTOH, I can just use what is found on Civfanatics and marked BtS just dandy.

As far as a custom civ goes I'd copy/move from winrar to the awaiting Custom Civilizations Folder under My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Plug & Play\Assets\Modules\

for modules you don't need to load them up after. so this is already a first sign something isn't working correctly.

Have you set the modular xml loading to 1 in your .ini file?

You could turn on logging :) The standard XML log at least provides the names of the files which were loaded. Shameless plug: my CvGameCoreDll (also in this forum) has a verbose mode for xml.log, which is activated by a GlobalDefine, it tells you exactly which InfoTypes it's loading from where...

OTOH, a CTD is most likely the result of a missing reference in your XML. A typo in an InfoType key can cause CTD's, for example, when it's in a place where cIV isn't prepared to handle a 'NONE' correctly...

Top Bottom