Poll : mouvement preview

What kind of movement preview do you prefer ?

• Current

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Mixte

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • I have another idea

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Moi Magnus

Emperor
In the current version, the movement preview show :
0 -> will have remaining MP
1 -> will have no remaining MP, or need 1 more turn but will have remaining MP
2 -> need one more turn and will have no remaining MP, or need two more turns but will have remaining MP
In the Vanilla preview :
0 -> never happen
1 -> can do it
2 -> need one more turn
3 -> need two more turns
I suggest a mixte version :
0 -> will have remaining MP
1 -> will have no remaining MP
2 -> need one more turn
3 -> need two more turns
Which one do you prefer ? (You can select multiple ones)

Hey, Moi Magnus, aside from your frenchness (I can't believe mixte is proper english), the suggestion is great!
... I think you are right. This word sounded good to me, but now that I read it...

maybe i should have introduced it better, but i feel the current system is not represented perfectly in your summary.

what it does is simply: if you move here, you can take your next action in X turns.

what's not to like about that?

VP 7-16b
At T295 I still understand nothing about the new mouvement preview.
There was complains about the old one?
If you have a worker (or an archer), the number on the new preview is the number of turn before you can start the improvement (or attack with your archer).
I don't think there was any complaints about the old ones, but from an AI optimization point of view, this value is more useful than the old value.
For a purely abstract point of view, the new value give more informations (you can easily deduce the old value from it, however the reverse operation is harder), but is, from my point of view, far less intuitive to use as a human.

Woah I didnt expect to be the only one who voted for the current one! At first I too found it odd, but I think I've gotten used to it already, even though I've played one game on it(and an unfinished one at that). I dont mind the "mixte" version, but I certainly prefer current over vanilla!

What about the current version, but starting at 1 instead of 0? Although I like the current version, and it makes more sense mechanically, it's probably the 0 that's throwing people off. The mixte version seems more confusing and inconsistent to me since it will jump from turn 0 to 2 for movement, treating what would be a 2 turn move as a 3 turn one.

maybe i should have introduced it better, but i feel the current system is not represented perfectly in your summary.

what it does is simply: if you move here, you can take your next action in X turns.

When you send a unit on a trip of several turns, you might want this unit to be awaiting orders with full movement points. UI helps with this, as it marks in the previous version when the unit will end its turn. Now I need to step back from what the tool is suggesting.

I might get used to it with time, but it's less practical for long trips. On the other hand, your new method is useful for knowing if you can move to a tile and still take an action. That's why the mixed solution by Moi Magnus sounds so good to me. The best of both worlds.

Welp, I've never found that explanation. I even thought it's a bug. Now I can use new mechanism properly.

Top Bottom