PolyCast Episode 101: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show III"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Dipping into the archives thrice. The one-hundred-and-first episode of PolyCast, "Not Just a Lame Clip Show III", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew, Lisa "qnl" Bang with 12 others overall in the show's third composite collection of archived segments that were originally cut due to time constraints.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 00m39s | Forum Talk
Being aware of production decay in Civilization IV, and having Workshop improvements behave like their Cottage counterparts (from Episode 90).
- 08m32s | Research Lab
Implementing the concept of a Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) into the Civ series (from Episode 95).
- 13m13s | Forum Talk
Place for the Research Lab city improvement for building spaceship components in CivIV, should units be autonumbered, should army production reduce civilian population and Civilization V Strategic View screenshots preview (from Episode 98).
- 41m21s | Miscellaneous
Watching a nearly annihilated civilization vassalizing itself to another in CivIV... and instantly ejecting your units a significant distance across the map in the process (from Episode 99).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

Is something wrong with the RSS feeds? They haven't been able to update since civ5 came out.
Yes, the server that hosts the RSS feeds (Apolyton) is not functioning properly. I have put in a request to its administration for assistance.

Hope you enjoyed this outing of the show.

:( Aww I was looking forward to listening to this today.

Ah thank you for reminding me I can do that, I've since listened to the episode and was happy to see my segment in it about the Workshops.

I don't think I went into enough detail on why I like them so much, they are in a sense the only way to get hammers if you have no forests or hills (or any hammer resource). What's really cool about Workshops and it is a mid to late game thing is that you can put them on Floodplains for a 2Food and 6H, or 3F if your doing State Property. You could even use them on Plains river for a 7H. With Chemistry+Guilds+Caste System+Levee you can really pump them up.

I don't think we were clear on the point that Civ IV Does grow your Workshops through Techs and Civics.

booo

I wanted to hear you guys give your take on Civ V :sad:

Oh well, maybe next week
Given the time difference between recording and release, combined with wanting to have all regular co-hosts have at least some meaningful time playing the game, what you are looking for is more than an episode away still unfortunately.

You can still get it manually; just the feeds are down (as far as I know).
Correct all around.

Top Bottom