PolyCast Episode 134: "All's Fair in Love and Civ"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Anything goes, and goes it does. The one-hundred-and-thirty-fourth episode of PolyCast, "All's Fair in Love and Civ", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-hosts Michael "emeseles" Smith and Wouter "Locutus" Snijders; it has a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m15s | Forum Talk
Concern over a tactic being seen as cheating in a co-operative Civilization IV multiplayer game, on the use of Airports and air lifting in CivIV and CivV (10m39s) and sharing food between cities within your empire in either game (26m08s).
- 43m43s | Open Mic
Comparably last experienced during the show's first season, engaging in telephonic message tag over a misdirected missing rental.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
The connection between time warping and fishnet stockings, the power of prepositions and questionable leadership.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

SMAC had the crawler (unit) that was sent to another city's resource to collect it for the city that built the crawler.

addendum:
... the crawler could only gather a single resource from one tile.
... (ie Civ5: food/production/gold)
... if inside city boundary,
... ... the city could not work the tile.

SMAC had the crawler (unit) that was sent to another city's resource to collect it for the city that built the crawler.
Another example for food distribution indeed -- having played little of SMAC myself, it's not one I had thought of during the recording or even since.

Hope you enjoyed the episode overall... how long have you been a listener?

Well, I think my first episode was around 70,
... but I downloaded and listened to all season 3
... and part of season 2 (stopping ~ep30).

:goodjob: to cast and crew.

Top Bottom