• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

PolyCast Episode 26 with Barry Caudill and Dorian Newcomb

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
The twenty-sixth episode of PolyCast is the first of a two-parter featuring Firaxis Games Executive Producer Barry Caudill and Dorian Newcomb. A third first time guest co-host, Matt "Nugog" G., is also present alongside regular co-hosts Dan "DanQ" Quick, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, "Makaluha" and Imran Siddiqui. Entitled "Catch the Civolution (Part 1)", it runs for 59m59s where the panel discusses Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword and starts to get into Civilization Revolution.

Topics are:

NEWS (02m38s)
Learning about the newly minted tournament for Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword players, the change list for BtS' upcoming 3.13 patch and points from a preview on Civilization Revolution.

SENATE (16m11s)
The importance of the spy unit a la BtS.

RESEARCH LAB (17m37s)
Considering keeping cultural characteristics in Civ.

INTERVIEW (PT. 1) (18m53s)
Chatting with BARRY and DORIAN about BtS.

MODCAST (37m23s)
The worst corporation in BtS and the worst unit in CivIV period, and reaction to a BtS change in how peace treaties operate.

INTERVIEW (PT. 2) (42m26s)
The first set of CivRev questions for and answers from BARRY and DORIAN.

MAILBAG (56m43s)
A voicemail from a listener wanting to know how to insert CivIV icons into their in-game chat messages.

Enjoy. :cooool:

I like the idea of keeping cultural characteristics, but considering Civ 4 doesn't even have [drumroll.............] Civ-Specific Great People :D, this seems kind of moot.

[End shameless plug]

I'm also hoping to join the tournament on Poly you spoke of, but I don't have too much time right now to commit to it for any meaningful period. Perhaps later. :mischief:

I like the idea of keeping cultural characteristics, but considering Civ 4 doesn't even have [drumroll.............] Civ-Specific Great People :D, this seems kind of moot.
:)

The (brief) discussion is in the context of a CivV.

I'm also hoping to join the tournament on Poly you spoke of, but I don't have too much time right now to commit to it for any meaningful period. Perhaps later. :mischief:
:D

The (brief) discussion is in the context of a CivV.
:D

Does this mean I may have a future in Civ 5 in some small way? :drool:

Regardless, I do wish someone would make transcripts for those of us who don't have time to listen to it all in one sitting. :D However, I understand the labor constraints involved.

Does this mean I may have a future in Civ 5 in some small way? :drool:
I could answer that question... for what it would be worth. ;)

Regardless, I do wish someone would make transcripts for those of us who don't have time to listen to it all in one sitting. :D However, I understand the labor constraints involved.
You don't have to listen to it all in one sitting. :)

A notable part of the reason why in addition to segments with topics I list segment start times is so you can skip to sections you'd rather hear (first), skip past those you'd rather not, 'pick up' where you left off more easily or some combination thereof.

Top Bottom