PolyCast Episode 300: "This. Is. POLYCAST!"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Ripped. The three hundredth episode of PolyCast, "This. Is. POLYCAST!", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with thirteen recurring guest co-hosts. It carries an extended runtime of 96m47s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m46s | Maki, Phil and Dan
The regular panelists present discuss what they're most liking, most disliking and next step for play in Civilization VI: Rise and Fall.
- 08m01s | "CanusAlbinus" and "Ubermarklar"
From one who has, and one who has not, yet played said CivVI expansion pack is a breakdown of their first takes.
- 13m08s | "AlphaShard" and "stormtrooper412"
First impressions of Civilization VI: Rise and Fall from the next pair of recurring guests.
- 24m46s | "Monthar"
Pros, cons and looking ahead from the first of two guest co-hosts from the show's most previous episode.
- 30m29s | "Drusain"
Pros, cons and looking ahead from the second of two guest co-hosts from the show's most previous episode.
- 36m22s | Jonah Falcon and Martin Alvito
Highs, lows and in-betweens lead to varying conversation points including an argument for gamer generational differences to explain varying views.
- 50m22s | "Cartimandua" and "Kingmaker"
A former regular co-host and her husband, himself a recurring guest, talk about their shared first experiences with Civilization VI: Rise and Fall.
- 64m57s | "MikeDoubleU" and "ZTZaorish"
Again, a pair of panelists where one has yet to play and who has played CivVI's expansion pack with their first opinions.
- 74m44s | "SempferFi2382"
The final recurring guest talks about how he and his significant other have been making the most of their first CivVI: RaF play.
- 82m08s | News
The day before Civilization VI: Rise and Fall's release, its base game was updated leading to conversation here of noteworthy changes.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Weirded out, belayed acknowledgment of new membership in the 200 Club and forward thinking.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Right off the bat, I have to agree with Stephanie about two things: 1) I'm not seeing what people were griping about with the Age colorization. I barely even noticed any difference at all. 2) Enough with the spam and the phone ringing off the hook every time I get a Great Work. As soon as I manage to get my hands on one, all the AI are like, "Can I have it? Can I have it? Can I have it?" They remind me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo repeating, "Mine. Mine. Mine."

Also, it's official! Dan has dubbed me an "average player." All this time I thought I was below average. But since I'm not a professional reviewer, then I've at least achieved "average" status. ;)

Congrats on Episode 300, and hopefully the PolyCast will make it to at least Episode 301!

A 300 celebration / first impressions Polycast. The works spam was bang on and had ironic echoes in the first impressions spam that followed. I'm a noob to Polycast but it felt like the reviewers were really part of the celebration of 300 which to be fair you deserve to do. Also to be fair its only 2 days in.
I preferred the movie.

Emergencies look like the bad egg to me although hate of a warmonger despite not having any warmonger points left seems to upset many.
Many funny exploits for future, especially around city flipping.

Congrats on 300. It was an excellent episode. The only downside, was that a few guests had no experience with R&F. Let's hope for at least 300 more!

Right off the bat, I have to agree with Stephanie...
:lol:

:goodjob:

... the AI are like, "Can I have it? Can I have it? Can I have it?" They remind me of the seagulls in Finding Nemo repeating, "Mine. Mine. Mine."
:D

Also, it's official! Dan has dubbed me an "average player." All this time I thought I was below average. But since I'm not a professional reviewer, then I've at least achieved "average" status. ;)
:mischief:

Congrats on Episode 300
Thank you kindly. :)

and hopefully the PolyCast will make it to at least Episode 301!
:p

I'm a noob to Polycast but it felt like the reviewers were really part of the celebration of 300 which to be fair you deserve to do. Also to be fair its only 2 days in.
I preferred the movie..
I've reread the above a few times, but I feel like I'm missing something still with the first sentence above in trying to parse it. Can you elaborate?

Congrats on 300. It was an excellent episode.
:king:

Let's hope for at least 300 more!
:cool:

I've reread the above a few times, but I feel like I'm missing something still with the first sentence above in trying to parse it. Can you elaborate?
Its was your 300th and part of that celebration was getting in some of the old crowd under the guise of commenting on R&F "I'd pick up a copy but I'm too lazy" for example. All I am saying was you have a right to celebrate but it was not really for me. The movie 300 was much more entertaining, but then its a cool movie.

Its was your 300th and part of that celebration was getting in some of the old crowd under the guise of commenting on R&F "I'd pick up a copy but I'm too lazy" for example. All I am saying was you have a right to celebrate but it was not really for me. The movie 300 was much more entertaining, but then its a cool movie.
I appreciate the clarification. (All of the invited guests new that the primary topic of conversation would be the Rise and Fall expansion pack.)

Congrats on 300! That is a pretty good stretch. I'm personally aware of the commitment it takes to sustain an 11+ year project. If I may expose myself, I've been the manager of the Shining Force III Translation Project since 2006 and still going! You really have to love what you're doing. Some weeks are better than others, but you keep coming back for love of the game. However, my project probably would have been long finished if it weren't for Civ! :mischief:
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/

About joining emergencies, I bet most players will feel compelled/obligated to interact with every emergency because it's a new toy. Once everyone has more experience with them and have a better idea about when to join and when not, I'm sure it will feel more natural as a strategic decision.

Congrats on 300! That is a pretty good stretch.
Thank you kindly. :)
I'm personally aware of the commitment it takes to sustain an 11+ year project. If I may expose myself, I've been the manager of the Shining Force III Translation Project since 2006 and still going! You really have to love what you're doing. Some weeks are better than others, but you keep coming back for love of the game. However, my project probably would have been long finished if it weren't for Civ! :mischief:
http://sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/
Congrats to you, and indeed as such you have a better understanding than most as I reasonably anticipate we're in the minority of spearheading a project on an ongoing basis for more than a decade. (I also previously -- and, for a brief overlap, concurrently -- co-led or majority led the running of a Civ fansite for almost 11 years.)

Top Bottom