• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

PolyCast Episode 316: "Not Just a Lame Clip Show XXVI"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
As many letters as there are in an alphabet. The three-hundred-and-sixteenth episode of Civilization strategy podcast PolyCast, "Not Just a Lame Clip Show XXV", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade with six guest co-hosts in the twenty-sixth compilation of segments archived from previous episode recordings and not released previously. With a 59m59s runtime, the summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m30s | Miscellaneous
The position that the Civilization series is perpetuating an untruth about humanity is called in question (recorded for Episode 303).
- 23m19s | Research Lab
Expanding CivVI's diplomatic system to be more precise in declarations of war is examined (recorded for Episode 302).
- 37m55s | Forum Talk
What aspect of Civilization VI is most egregiously undervalued by its players (recorded for Episode 311).

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay. Episode 317 of PolyCast, the show's latest recorded outing in 2018, is to be published on September 2nd.

Last edited:
Oof, I didn't realize how much time I hogged the mic between 2:30 and 5:00

Great podcast as always

I, too, believe we need a way to clarify the reason for our denunciations, among other communicative options, including the gentler "Hey, bro, that was not cool".

Also, has an episode covered this article? TLDR: the game is about killing people, and its design actively discourages a pacifist approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, too, believe we need a way to clarify the reason for our denunciations, among other communicative options, including the gentler "Hey, bro, that was not cool".
:D

Also, has an episode covered this article? TLDR: the game is about killing people, and its design actively discourages a pacifist approach.
Not that article specifically, but the view it takes has been addressed otherwise over the years. That said, the means the author choose to go about this approach -- from ignoring Religion to disabling the Domination Victory -- take away greatly from its intended message. Appreciate the referral nonetheless though.

Top Bottom