PolyCast episode 376: A Hill To Die On?

megabearsfan

Prince
The three hundred-and-seventy-sixth episode (and first episode of season 15) of PolyCast, “A Hill To Die On?“ is now available for streaming on polycast.civfanatics.com. This episode features regular co-hosts
CanusAlbinus, Stephanie “Makahlua”, Phil "TheMeInTeam", and Jason “MegaBearsFan”. Topics for this episode include:

News
- 00h01m40s | Civ franchise has sold over 51 million units

Forum Talk
- 00h07m56s | Should pillaging have a downside?
- 00h16m17s | Which tiles are hills?

Senate
- 00h23m28s | Rationalism nerf
- 00h35m05s | Reloading scale of shame
- 00h53m40s | GameRant's 10 map seeds to try

Post-Credits bonus!
- 01h12m44s | Phil regales us with tales of troll chess moves.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday at 12 Noon US Eastern Time throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

Sorry for posting this to the forums late. I've spent the last two weekends putting together furniture for my partner. She's adding some sewing / crafting furniture to our "hobby room" (previously basically just storage for all my board games). Next week, I expect to get back to the regular schedule of recording the live episode on Saturday and releasing it to the website (and posting the link in the forums) on Sunday.

We at PolyCast hope that everyone had a safe and pleasant holiday season, and are looking forward to an exciting year of Civilization in 2021.

"At the time of the game when rationalism becomes active, it is not unreasonable to have multiple cities at 15 population". Wait what? It's rare I have multiple cities at 10 population by the time I unlock rationalism.

Last edited:
"At the time of the game when rationalism becomes active, it is not unreasonable to have multiple cities at 15 population". Wait what? It's rare I have multiple cities at 10 population by the time I unlock rationalism.

We probably should have qualified that with "depending on the difficulty level, play-style, etc."

Top Bottom