Post short Multiplayer Tips Here

If you are rome turn up research bar to 100%. Study Iron working as soon as possible. After you have iron working, turn research bar to 0%. You wont need anymore techs to win in multiplayer game. Build as many swordsman or legion as possible. Watch others squirm!

Isolate the enemies capital: destroy all roads leading to it and if he has an airport, bomb it untill it's gone. This way he can't trade with any other civ and all his cities aren't happy with that :)

Especially in elimination games it's good to build cities on hills. That gives you extra defense bonus which sure is needed, because if you lose one city you're out. I also recommend building roads to every city so you can move your defensive troops fast if needed. The most important thing is ofcourse to HAVE FUN! Everyone loses some time, it's not that bad. Just learn from your mistakes and win the next game!

what I would like to know is How ppl get technology so fast i cant even get up to those big boats and tanks :eek: at 2050AD

Re: Technology Fast

Lumer0, the trick is to make contact with as many of your rival civilizations as possible. That way, you have more chances at making trades for technology. If not, you can always use your knowledge of where they are to go to war and force them to give you technologies in order for them to survive.

Remember - Never and I mean ever trade anything other than gold to an AI when it's not your turn. If you do, they will turn around with that technology or map and trade it to as many other AIs as possible. Not as much of a probablem in multiplayer, but sometimes people like to play with the AI.

Generally speaking, you're probably going to forge alliances with players that don't necessarily border you. Why? Because there's little impetus to ally with your immediate neighbours -- that's what war is for! In a game, Tribe A and Tribe C would be more disposed toward alliance with eachother, especially if Tribe B is getting powerful.

A lot of MP strategy is simple Games Theory stuff, you may want to start reading about that particular subset of Logic.

- Rep.

lumer0 said:
what I would like to know is How ppl get technology so fast i cant even get up to those big boats and tanks :eek: at 2050AD

The TRICK!! is to research the quickest tech first, if Map Making takes 23 turns, and Code of Laws takes 19 turns, then u research Code of Laws FIRST! By the time you start researching Map Making, 19 turns later, it will have dropped down to 19 turns becuse you will have more cities by then and more Income. The trick is more Money. MORE MORE MORE. Always road an area where you are producing money. Also try to build around rivers, becuse Rivers produce twice as much Money. Also switch to a Republic!, becuse Republic produces more money then other Governments except Democracy. And NEVER!!! stop building cities, NEVER. more cities means more EVERYTHING!. more money, more production, more land, more support for free units. when you are done with ALL research or just before switch to a Monarchy :D a Monarchy has the ability to become the most Powerfull form of Government! if used correctly.

Money! Money! Money!

follow those steps! and youll be done with ALL your research by 1900AD.

anarres said:
Spoken truely like your namesake Bendererino. :thumbsup:

Except Bender voted for Nixon.... :lol:

Here's a short tip: while your online buddies (i.e., "enemies") are busy chatting via Roger Wilco, and screwing around with their own turns, make sure you're busy cleaning up your empire, setting build queues, and plotting moves. You shouldn't waste time thinking when it's your turn -- you should just be moving units!

The less "down time" you give your enemies, the better!

[ptw] If you see someone with very high score in the beginning, then that person is likely an easy target, just hoping to expand in peace and then start to build up millitary at some point when he think he got enof citys to make a decent warrior-factory. If you dont strike early against this kind of player, they will probably get the warrior-factory they desire and then you are in trouble. If someone on the list got low score, they are eighter a noob building lots of building not needed, or someone building an army to make a early rush. If some of your close opponents are at low score, scout the terrain to try to figure out whats going on, if you find any weakness, build a rush-force and strike fast, if they look experienced, prepare a force to defend your citys. Put conscript or regular warriors on top of montains nearby to discover the attack before it strikes. [ptw]

Justinian III's strategy at researching the cheapest tech first is how I finally mastered the Emperor skill level in Single Player. I used to focus on one thing, one string of techs, but cheapest tech first works much better!

remeber, you're playing against humans. the robotic ai keeps all cities adequately and about equally defended. this may not be the case with humans. a human may leave a bad city defended with one obselete unit (i've do that a lot in single player games) and leave an unessecary amount of units in the capital. so my point i, don't attack the capital!

Hmm? I find that the AI always stacks their capital, but humans don't. I know I usually leave my capital undefended, but defend my outlying border cities very strongly.

If you're invading a human, you should go straight for the capital.

barron of ideas said:
A short tip is less than 15%. Ask any Waiter or waitress.

Its 20% and in my restraunt anything less than 25% is an insult. A great server should be worthy of 30-50%. If your not going to leave 20% stay home.

Have friends play with you lol..Or give give give and hope they dont take take take
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dont be mean and dont be whiney or else ill go midevil on your highney :spear:

Spartanism said:
Its 20% and in my restraunt anything less than 25% is an insult. A great server should be worthy of 30-50%. If your not going to leave 20% stay home.
I guess you don't pay them, and that's why a 50% tip is reasonable to you?

This topic has been left for a while but i remember on one game of multiplayer starting practically right next to two other players. There was certainly some trading going on there with the techs. The old ill develope this is you develope that trick if u get what i mean. By the time i met another civilization it was my battleship bumping intom well i should say there longship bumping into my battleship. The ysaid it was an accident they just held down one of the movement keys and it kinda moved abit to far. Basically what im saying here is human players can help each other out so much more than an alliance with an AI can ever do.

jkp1187 said:
Here's a short tip: while your online buddies (i.e., "enemies") are busy chatting via Roger Wilco, and screwing around with their own turns, make sure you're busy cleaning up your empire, setting build queues, and plotting moves. You shouldn't waste time thinking when it's your turn -- you should just be moving units!

During others turns? Why not just play simultaneous turn, no waiting at all.

TruePurple said:
During others turns? Why not just play simultaneous turn, no waiting at all.

Because the game-play of simultaneous play is flawed. Civ is by definition a turn-based game, and this half-hearted attempt to turn it into a real-time game rather spoils it.

I'm always disappointed how few people in the game-rooms are willing to play turn-based so I end up only playing online with friends.

The key is to strike early, if you can. Humans usually leave their settlers undefended, and if you can start even a quick war, they will normally switch to military in their capital, then just get peace, however it is always nice to have a horses.

Mathias

Top Bottom