Problem in the Pacific

doompigeon

Chieftain
I just started the 1941 scenario, and the Chinese completely retook their coast in about 6 months! How come Chinese infantry are strength 20 while Japanese infantry are only strength 10?

Also... the Japanese didn't touch the Pacific nations they'd just declared war on... I know the AI is untouched, but is there a way to make it... better?

Yes, I don't understand this too. I played as the Japanese, and Chinese are much better overall.

Second Sino-Japanese War

Strenght

Chinese
700+ US aircraft

Japanese
900,000 Chinese collaborators

Casualties and losses

Chinese
3,220,000 military
17,530,000 civilians

Japanese
1,900,000 military

Now according to these facts, the Japanese infantry would have to be superior to the Chinese one. The Japanese casualties were roughly 50%, and the Chinese casualties were around 57%, having a much larger army. So it really makes no sense that the Chinese infantry has 20 strenght and the Japanese one has 10, and the Chinese tanks are also superior to the Chinese ones.

As it also states, 'Unlike Japan, China was unprepared for total war and had little military-industrial strength, no mechanized divisions, and few armored forces. ' So the fact that Chinese units are superior to Japanese ones is just... wrong.

So... can someone explain to me why Chinese troops are far superior? :goodjob:

Chinese troops were many, but most were just militia called for defense, while Japanese air, naval force were superior in numbers and army in weaponry and supplies.

Japanese army was superior in weaponry? According to the map, the Chinese army was far superior, because they have a strenght of 20. If Chinese troops were militia and the Japanese troops were an organised army, how can 1 Chinese infantry be worth 2 Japanese infantry?

Because the strength in game has no relation whatsoever on their real abilities. Game balance over rides reality.

Because the strength in game has no relation whatsoever on their real abilities. Game balance over rides reality.

Couldn't the chinese infantry have been weaker than Japanese, but faster to build? Wouldn't that also balance it out?

Thats the issue dale it isn't even close to balanced... In reality china only really started turning it around in like 43-4. If you make the strengths realistic generally you will get realistic results.

Thats the issue dale it isn't even close to balanced... In reality china only really started turning it around in like 43-4. If you make the strengths realistic generally you will get realistic results.

Except you don't. You don't think I tried it? With realistic strengths Japan overwhelms enough of China early on (first year) that China can't hold on and collapses.

With the extended production times for everything now, Japan stands no chance with its weakened infantry... Not realistic strengths maybe, but definately something higher than 5 is needed.

Top Bottom