Problem installing regarding Macromedia

civiloser

Chieftain
i think its called macromedia but anyway. it casks me to install this before i install the game and I do but when i then try to install the game it keeps asking me to first install this other thing. I have Windows ME and it has all recommended specs

You'll have to be a bit more specific.

Macromedia is the name of a company (now part of Adobe) not software. If indeed you're seeing Macromedia you must be referring to either Macromedia Flash or Macromedia Shockwave. Neither of these have anything to do with Civ2, so I suspect you bought a copy of Civ2 sold in a DVD case, with some Flash-based installer. Is that correct?

Civ2 comes with two other things that would normally require installing, Intel Indeo Video and Microsoft WinG. Are either of these two mentioned as the other things that need installing?

What exactly are you doing when trying to install the game? Do you simply put the CD in the drive and the installer pops up?

sorry, I'll try to be more specific. I bought the game recently and it has sold-out software written on it. SO when i put the disk in it first comes up with a message saying:
'please wait while detecting your system configuration'
It then leads to a box saying there was the following problem and has Macrodmedia shockwave player written in red and a button saying Autofix which I click. It reccommends that I close web browser whilst it does its thing and so I do and it installs. But when I then try to install it again, it does the same thing

Also, nothing to do with technical problems, just a little gripe: it's pretty annoying that if you buy the game now, you don't get a manual and technology tree with it but only as a pdf :(

After clicking on the Help button when it has AutoFIx it says Macromdeia Shockwave Player is needed for the installer to work properly. Just thought I'd add that.

Yeah, so umm, this can be deleted because I managed to just bypass the installer by clicking setup after exploring the disk...what a dumbo

Nothing stupid about that. It's the installation program's fault that installing Shockwave fails, or that it needs that at all. Just remember it for next time. Glad you fixed it.

civiloser said:
Also, nothing to do with technical problems, just a little gripe: it's pretty annoying that if you buy the game now, you don't get a manual and technology tree with it but only as a pdf :(

Quite. I've got a few games like that as well, including Civ2 Test of Time. Sometimes I think about taking the CD to some print shop and having the PDF printed to a nice paper manual. But then I'm too lazy and cheap to actually do it.

Top Bottom