[QoL] Upgrade All Units button in military overview

L. Vern

Warlord
Download Here

1679863778951.png

Self explanatory, military overview now has a button that will upgrade every eligible unit. Needless to say, this can consume a lot of gold and strategics so be careful when using it lol

savegame compatible, should work with any recent vp version

What about a button/hotkey that upgrades only the units with an active mission? (alert, heal, etc.)

Does not work with latest VP 4.5.1 could you please update it?

Also, a feature request: when upgrading a unit that was fortified, can it stay fortified after being upgraded?

Thank you for the mod.

Does not work with latest VP 4.5.1 could you please update it?

Also, a feature request: when upgrading a unit that was fortified, can it stay fortified after being upgraded?

Thank you for the mod.
done, the resource is updated, should be at the same link

not sure what you mean about it staying fortified, how you described you wanted it to work is how it works when I just tested it

Thanks!

What I mean is lets say I have 10 units that are asleep, since I pressed "F" to fortify them. If I use the upgrade button, next turn, all the upgraded units are active and I have to cycle thru all of them and press "F" again.

Thanks!

What I mean is lets say I have 10 units that are asleep, since I pressed "F" to fortify them. If I use the upgrade button, next turn, all the upgraded units are active and I have to cycle thru all of them and press "F" again.

That is quite strange, as that is not the behavior I am seeing - here is a video of me having 5 warriors fortified, pressing the upgrade all units button, then progressing another 3 turns without the spearmen losing the fortified status or having them be alert and having to re-issue fortify orders

It seems like a good idea at first glance, however, it can be borderline insane in some instances to spend that much money to upgrade units. How much headache does this really save, verses the insanity?

That is quite strange, as that is not the behavior I am seeing - here is a video of me having 5 warriors fortified, pressing the upgrade all units button, then progressing another 3 turns without the spearmen losing the fortified status or having them be alert and having to re-issue fortify orders

I will test it a bit more then. Probably another mod is messing things up. I suspect this one maybe: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/unique-unit-lines.665810/

My guess is that mod is deleting and recreating the units when upgrading and for that reason they become active. I have no proof of that, just a hunch.

Top Bottom