Question about Levels

Chieftain
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been asked or discussed to death. i remember seeing something about this awhile back, but i can't find it anymore...

Is there a guide or article that discusses what kind of advantages or disadvantages the AI has compared to human players, depending on the levels?

i.e., i remember hearing that at some certain high level, the AI can build military units faster, or has higher learning rate, etc?

I recently started playing monarch instead of regent, and finding it much larger of a jump than the previous jumps (chieftain to warlord, and warlord to regent). i'm just wondering whether the AI has advantages at this level. Is it correct for me to assume that at Regent, AI and humans are at equal advantage (other than the obvious human vs. AI capacity for reasoning)?

AI Bonuses Chieftain Warlord Regent Monarch Emperor Deity
AI additional starting units
Number of extra defensive units: 0 0 0 2 4 8
Number of extra offensive units: 0 0 0 1 2 4
Number of extra type 1 (usually settlers): 0 0 0 0 0 1
Number of extra type 2 (usually workers): 0 0 0 0 1 2

AI unit support bonuses
Additional free support for each AI civ: 0 0 0 4 8 16
Bonus for each city: 0 0 0 1 2 4

AI max government transition in turns: * * * 4 3 2
Cost factor (player is 10): 20 12 10 9 8 6
AI to AI trade rate: 110 120 130 140 150 160

AI and player factors:
Number of citizens born content: 4 3 2 2 1 1
Number of citizens quelled by military: 1 1 1 1 1 1
Attack bonus against barbarians: 800 400 200 100 50 0
Percentage of optimal cities for corruption: 100 95 90 85 80 70

Optimal number of cities per world size (for corruption purposes):
Tiny - 12
Small - 14
Standard - 16
Large - 24
Huge - 32

Sorry if this is hard to read, I just did a quick copy and paste.

thanks for the quick response!

how about science research? i guess the cost factor takes that into account?

unfortunatly theres no quick easy answer for that one.

Tech research price has a base price, then modifiers like map size, how many civs know it already, ect(I think there's another thing or two also but don't remember).

But yea, they AIs at high levels get a discount on research, production, & growth.

Hi Grandmasta Nick - I think I remember 36 to be the base OCN for Huge Maps. Where did you get that info, I am sure 32 is wrong.

And the number of barb horsemen from each camp in the massive uprisings also depend on the level. But I can't recall them. Anybody has the information?

Top Bottom