Question: Will REF attack both settlements

Charles Cao

Chieftain
I am about 200 turns into Patriot and I am on a penninsula with two +20 settlements on each side with small settlements in between. Will REF disembark on both settlements?

The REF, at the best of times, are most unpredictable. I figured when playing once that they would charge towards my nearest port city/capital which was armed to the teeth. Oh boy.....

Instead, they took a relatively undefended island colony I had a marched to another one. Now, I had a blockade of Merchantmen, galleons, etc. at the entry point to my ports (They were on a cove of sorts) and had to recall them to protect the island and retake my other one. Needless to say, it grogged one until the REF had ships but no men and I auto-won.

Still, it thought me a few things:

- If you have island colonies, prepare ships with soldiers to send out to your island colonies.
- Utilise defence-only ships to weaken the man-o-wars so your Ships of the Line can destroy them easier.
- If you lack man power to attack an endangered colony, send out unarmed colonists to take on the REF. Place them in forests outside the city. If you have chief potahan, send out natives. if you adopted right to bear arms, send out free colonists. If you have both, happy days.

NOTE: if you have a stack of 3 colonists, the soldiers will attack one. if he succeeds, you lose the other 2 colonists.

I am about 200 turns into Patriot and I am on a penninsula with two +20 settlements on each side with small settlements in between. Will REF disembark on both settlements?

My guess is that they will attack the settlement nearest the sea lane you started the game on first. Later they may attack any colony on or within one tile of the coast. If you have all your territory roaded, and have Coronado in congress, you should be able to position a stack of dragoons to cover most of the possible attack points.

Top Bottom