Questions about building roads to City States

misterchief

Chieftain
1. When you build a road to a CS, I assume you pay maintenance on the roads that are in your territory or in neutral territory, but not on the roads that are in the CS' territory, right?

2. Once a road to a CS is built for a quest, it's probably smart to use the worker to immediately remove the road (the portion that you have to pay maintenance on), right?

Thanks in advance :goodjob:

1. When you build a road to a CS, I assume you pay maintenance on the roads that are in your territory or in neutral territory, but not on the roads that are in the CS' territory, right?

2. Once a road to a CS is built for a quest, it's probably smart to use the worker to immediately remove the road (the portion that you have to pay maintenance on), right?

Thanks in advance :goodjob:

1, Yes, CS pays the maintenance.

2, Deleting unused roads is always a good idea.

1, Yes, CS pays the maintenance.

2, Deleting unused roads is always a good idea.

Thanks. Deleting the roads immediately after winning the quest (while keeping all of the influence) does feel a bit "cheap" and unrealistic, but I guess on higher difficulties, every little advantage helps.

The only disadvantage of removing the road is it would feel like cheating if the CS later requested the road again.

Top Bottom