1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about City States and Unit Pressies

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TimeWeaver, Jun 6, 2011.

1. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Warlord

Hi!

Having played now for a while, I have still yet not gotten any naval units from CS. Is it at all possible?

And also I vouch for having unit pressies from CS appearing on me borders and not in some faraway land. Once I had befriended a CS all surrounded in fog and thus my new unit became some sort of naval Marco Polo in a sea of fog of war. I mean, when we gift units they turn up inside the lands of the CS.

Just my five pence...

2. eazyseeker

eazyseeker Warlord

As far as I know, no, CSs will NOT gift you naval units.

Also, the units always spawn in their borders. You can't fix that.

3. Ddude97

Ddude97 King

You do realize you contradicted yourself right? First you say you've never seen a CS gift a naval unit, then you talk about getting a naval "Marco Polo" from a CS....
    To answer your questions, no, I believe its not possible to get a naval unit from a CS (though you have?), and I think the CS gifting is fine as it is.

4. Liborio

Liborio Chieftain

I think he means his Marco Polo was an embarked unit instead of a naval unit.

5. TimeWeaver

TimeWeaver Warlord

Yes, I just meant that I had to embark the unit on an epic exploring journey sorta like Marco Polo, but all on the high seas, hence "naval". Sorry for the bad metaphor, he!

But my point is that one really should be able to get naval units and that I would like unit pressies to be on me doorstep, instead of them turning into explorers, sometimes in places that I haven't even fully reached yet.

6. RD-BH

RD-BH Human

I have seen many units spawn outside citystate borders when "carpet of doom" is in play.

7. eazyseeker

eazyseeker Warlord

Well, yeah, but they still won't spawn near your capital, that's for sure ;)

8. bryanw1995

bryanw1995 Emperor

Unless the CS is next to your capital...

9. guczy

guczy Warlord

CS-s gifting naval units would be really useful in OCC games where your city is inland