Questions about City States and Unit Pressies

TimeWeaver

Warlord
Hi!

Having played now for a while, I have still yet not gotten any naval units from CS. Is it at all possible?

And also I vouch for having unit pressies from CS appearing on me borders and not in some faraway land. Once I had befriended a CS all surrounded in fog and thus my new unit became some sort of naval Marco Polo in a sea of fog of war. I mean, when we gift units they turn up inside the lands of the CS.

Just my five pence...

Hi!

Having played now for a while, I have still yet not gotten any naval units from CS. Is it at all possible?

And also I vouch for having unit pressies from CS appearing on me borders and not in some faraway land. Once I had befriended a CS all surrounded in fog and thus my new unit became some sort of naval Marco Polo in a sea of fog of war. I mean, when we gift units they turn up inside the lands of the CS.

Just my five pence...

You do realize you contradicted yourself right? First you say you've never seen a CS gift a naval unit, then you talk about getting a naval "Marco Polo" from a CS....
To answer your questions, no, I believe its not possible to get a naval unit from a CS (though you have?), and I think the CS gifting is fine as it is.

You do realize you contradicted yourself right? First you say you've never seen a CS gift a naval unit, then you talk about getting a naval "Marco Polo" from a CS....
To answer your questions, no, I believe its not possible to get a naval unit from a CS (though you have?), and I think the CS gifting is fine as it is.

I think he means his Marco Polo was an embarked unit instead of a naval unit.

Yes, I just meant that I had to embark the unit on an epic exploring journey sorta like Marco Polo, but all on the high seas, hence "naval". Sorry for the bad metaphor, he!

But my point is that one really should be able to get naval units and that I would like unit pressies to be on me doorstep, instead of them turning into explorers, sometimes in places that I haven't even fully reached yet.

CS-s gifting naval units would be really useful in OCC games where your city is inland

Top Bottom