Quick Battle

soulthirst

Chieftain
I know the whole point of this game is strategy. But after the first couple of turns, once you start 1HKO'ing the enemies, it's just gets really boring. I only played up to moderate, so I maybe missing something. But I played some games before where the AI plays it for you in an instant, although not as efficient as a human player.

I really like the planet-hopping part of the game, the first few battles, and battling with the pirates, marauders and other AI's fleet. The other battles are just way too easy or boring especially when the enemy is just running away from you and winning is just inevitable. Anyone else wants a fast forward / quick battle button?

Why not try spicing things up for yourself?

Try going for the It's Our Time Down Here Achievement and let the AI build several wonders. I once had to deal with a torpedo-heavy AI while they had Reactive Armour and Redundant Systems. I had to use two ships (I normally only use 1 for the challenge) to constantly bombard a single target at a time or else it'd be fully repaired by the time my turn rolled around again.

But yeah a fast-battle button might be useful. But you know how the RNG will mess you over. The game will decide this:

The AI has 8 ships. They're all pretty weak and can be shot down with a single torpedo.
You have 1 ship. It is awesome and godly and can defeat everything as you hold all wonders.

AI wins, due to greater numbers.

I don't trust Quick Battles to make the right choice.

Heck you could have 8 godly-powerful ships with everything maxed out via science and energy. And 8 megabots defending the planet. The game will decide that your ships suffer heavy damage and make the battle a close one.

Top Bottom