Quick Domination Strategy (for water-based maps)

Subs also require more affinity levels to upgrade and lack hybrid upgrades (although you often finish before hitting these), so they are behind in power for the most part of the game. Imo they are mostly viable as defensive units.

Messed around with ARC and all water starts, all water starts makes it even easier because of lower city strength and more accessible (for the most part) capitals.

Got lucky with a couple pristine production arties, so managed to build a t36 spy agency (to be fair that's too early as there are no cities to spy on yet). Skipped precise entirely, instead went for corporate espionage + imperial (probably should've picked 1 level in subtle instead of 1 level in UA for t4 steal science instead of t5, but I wanted to leave political slot open for other stuff, never used it though).

Science seems on par with precise if not better, probably possible to go both for even greater effect. Finished on turn 84 with 7/5 and about 10 turns away from 7/7 unless the spies will be really unlucky.

Spoiler :

Apollo/Standard/Terran/All water starts/ARC/Engineers/Continental surveyor/Weapon arsenal

Virtue "build": scavenging -> affinity stuff -> liberation army (situationally) -> unit production -> whatever

Techs: engineering -> computing -> physics -> power systems -. autonomous systems -> robotics -> ballistics -> transcedental math -> genetics (peace treaty) -> genetic design -> alien genetics (not finished, finishing will grant 7/7). Also got chemistry/ecology and some other trash from treaties.

BO: Relic -> Gunboat x 2 ->Worker -> Patrol boat -> Dry docks -> boat spam (Spy agency as available). Rush buy/Use production arties/expeditions if possible.

Tbh the only thing that limits its speed is logistics. I would also consider picking +50 HP as promotion when needed to get the best possible speed (so you don't need to park your boats to heal up), I didn't do it.

Sounds like a fun project for a BE game tonight. Thanks for the strategy!

Top Bottom