Quick Game 5 - results

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
Here are the results of the Quick Game 5.

We saw amazing totals of soldiers in this game, resulting in armies that could easily take the entire planet. With an army including 33 archers, 49 swordsmen, 42 catapults and a few other units, Twonky claimed the first spot. Other players achieved noteworthy results as well. The many different approaches as to which units to build surely explored the possibilites in this game.

1. Twonky - 1956 points
  2. Niklas - 1794 points
  3. Paul#42 - 1701 points
  4. SpiffyKeen - 1669 points
  5. Più Freddo - 1628 points
  6. htadus - 1508 points
  7. Aigburth - 1370 points
  8. Nata - 1292 points
  9. Robi D - 1236 points
  10. AutomatedTeller - 1005 points
  11. AlanH - 894 points
  12. Flowkey - 811 points

@Twonky: Congratz, way to go! :) The gap is greater between you and me (1st and 2nd) than between me and Più Freddo in 5th place. You really were outstanding this time around! :goodjob:

Next time... ;)

I'm either going to have to retire from GOTM competitions or start re-learning how to play this game :eek:

Contratulations to the high rollers. Certainly makes you wonder why we take so long to achieve conquests on some maps!

Congrats Twonky. :thumbsup:
I totally underestimated the power of catapults - Even now I do not know how they score :blush:

Thank you, guys!
I think my late-ish Monarchy GA gave me the edge in this game.

@Niklas: Well, the gap between our scores would have been much smaller if you had had a GA! Indeed I think you would have blown my score.

@AlanH: To your defence, you have not yet had a lot of time to get used to C3C, have you? ;)

@Paul#42: Catapults were actually the same as regular warriors, but with an advantage in terms of upkeep and waste.

Now I only need to find out why my military results in G/Cotms are so poor... :hmm: I guess it takes more than just micro-management skills to get good conquest victories. :lol:

Twonky said:
Now I only need to find out why my military results in G/Cotms are so poor... :hmm: I guess it takes more than just micro-management skills to get good conquest victories. :lol:

:lol: I suffer the same desease...
Good MM takes us to good Jason Scores and high rankings in GPR but not to awards :cry:

So maybe the next QG might be about some con-quest? Setting in MA or IA?
Maybe some given forces that shall not be enlarged and some targets to take?

Imo QG is always about fixing some parameters in the game and focussing on some others. So let research and production be fix and warfare the only parameter to focus on. Maybe mixed with some diplo issues?

But I could also be enthusiastic about some peaceful trading :mischief:

Twonky said:
@AlanH: To your defence, you have not yet had a lot of time to get used to C3C, have you? ;)
Thanks for trying to make me feel better. However, I don't think there was anything very C3C-specific about this challenge. I think I *have* had too long to get out of practice at Civ3 generally. No SGOTMs and only one or two feeble attempts at PtW GOTMs for a year :(.

Top Bottom