Quick Question on mods

Lord Katana

Warlord
I hope i put this in the right forum. If not then sorry :cool:

I've been looking through the mods section of the forum, but i can't find what i'm looking for. It's all a bit haphazard there too if i might add :p

I installed the game at my dad's place yesterday so he could play it too. He isn't familiar at all with Civ (imperialism II is more his thing). He finds it hard to indentify the different types of resources and when new strategic resources come into play. His english isnt all that great so he doesnt read the Civiopidia or all the text in the research. Is there a simple util/mod/addon which for example does the following:

- marks luxery, strategic and bonus resources on the map.
- marks citizens as happy/content/unhappy
- gives warnings if things are about to go wrong (enemy units / starvation / rioting and such)
- gives warnings if important things have changed (like new strategic resource and such)

thz in advance!

Edit: we are playing C3C 1.22

I've moved your thread to the C&C subforum. You'll get quicker and better answers.

But do check out the Graphics Modpacks subforum, there's where you'll find most of them.

Lord Katana... Here is the Conquest popheads file with Colored "Mood Badges" I placed on them to help see their Moods easier. You might find it helpful :) Green=Happy, White=Content, Blue=Unhappy, Red=Angry
Just Back Up your Original pophead File and add this one to your Conquests\Art\SmallHeads Folder.

Attachments

• Mood Badges.zip
    197.2 KB · Views: 27
I think there are some easier to identify resources around somewhere, but for your two latest request, about the warnings, there's none. I mean, you can get things in the game at is it if you monitor your civ, but nothing to mod it.

Thanks Vuldacon! Precisely what i needed :)

Steph, do you know any names or keywords i can use to look those up... Been scouring here too but only found whole terrain mobs which just change the tile itself. I did find some Civ2 resource-thingie-changers but i was hoping more for little pointers like Civ IV has.

And on your last comment steph, yeh experienced people know when it's time to look for new resources when they complete a tech.. newbies however don't. So i was hoping for some additional mods to get those newbies (in this case my dad :)) a little visual warnings of those events. The learning curve for Civ is quite steep and can be overwhelming for a lot of people.

i got a screenie somewhere of what i mean.. i'll try to upload that on monday (cant get to that computer at the moment) cause a picture says more than a thousand words :)

but thz in advance!

Top Bottom