Quick speed

Aldor

King
I never really played much with different game speeds, mostly standard all the way. But inspired by the new Civ6 gameplay videos, which are all played in quick speed, I tried this for a few sessions in BERT.

I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by how the pace changes. Mostly the much quicker worker actions and shorter build times for units. Still took me a long time (in turns) to finish the first games, I suppose because its easier to get distracted with techs and stuff ("oh, this tech only takes so few turns...let me get that quickly!" :)

One odd thing happened: When I tried this first I played a game as Polystralia, and created a large sea empire. For some reason, my workers all had four movement points (not sure if right away or only later), and I could not understand why...any ideas?

I'll admit I haven't played it on quick. I tend towards the opposite way and play it on marathon. For some reason I think taking 20 turns to build a farm makes the improvement of your empire over time so much more personally satisfying. :p

Maybe they gave workers more movement points since each turn is more valuable in quick mode so that you aren't hurt so badly by moving workers through rough terrain?

If I'm not mistaken, there is an artifact reward that gives workers +2 movement, called Projected Chassis Construction or something.

Yes, PvtHudson is correct. Projected Chassis Construction, +2 Movement to workers - it's an Alien Artifact Reward.

@topic:
I personally find that normal speed is already way too quick. ^^

Top Bottom