1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] R&f performance

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by lqwertyp, Feb 15, 2018.

1. lqwertyp

lqwertyp Chieftain

since the r&f expansion i'm noticing a worse performance than before the expansion. In vanilla I could play large maps on low settings without any trouble (though performance detoriated in the late game), but now sound starts to sound chopped up in rennaissance even on standard size maps with low settings.

Is anyone else noticing worse performance in r&f?

2. Magil

Magil Monarch

Not in general, but the sound problem you mention is fairly common.

lqwertyp likes this.
  3. TonkaTruck

TonkaTruck Chieftain

Performance in general is exactly the same in my case.
    Sound deteriorates through a session every time though, this is a R&F feature mind you, it used to be fine throughout the game before for me.

lqwertyp likes this.
  4. lqwertyp

lqwertyp Chieftain

Thanks for your replies! I hope Firaxis addresses the sound in a future patch

5. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Load times and turn timers are much better, but I'm having graphical glitches and sound issues all the time in the end game. The sound glitch is the most annoying.

6. LMT

LMT Warlord

I noticed something odd. After loading a quicksave, there were some golden colored cloudburst-like images over some ocean tiles. This lasted for a few turns then went away.

But overall I'd say load times and turn times are a little faster.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I haven't tried large maps yet, I used to play Greatest Earth map a lot, and eventually I'll try it again if it's updated for R&F. Standard maps have been giving me issues late game especially with trade routes taking a long time to get to the point you can actually select a trade route. I know they've gone to this kind of trade system the past 2 games, but I still don't know if it's worth it if it hurts performance so much. I'd be okay with going back to a Civ4 style trade system.

I've had sound issues with music cutting out, and horizontal lines on the screen on one occasion.

I have a pretty up to date video card, but my CPU is pretty old (about 9 years).

8. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Hard to say. I seem to be, but I'm also playing with more civs in each game. So... . But sound definitely cuts out much faster.

9. Lee Duane Fitzsimmons

Lee Duane Fitzsimmons Full-time Cat Lover

I haven't noticed any issues like this...

But that's just me.