RAND not working

ziamatt

Chieftain
RAND doesn't seem to be working. When I start a new game it goes until the text box with the random messages says "Finishing" at the top of it and then sticks there. How long do you normally have to wait until RAND actually loads? Do you have any suggestions to fix it?

RAND doesn't seem to be working. When I start a new game it goes until the text box with the random messages says "Finishing" at the top of it and then sticks there. How long do you normally have to wait until RAND actually loads? Do you have any suggestions to fix it?

I have a fairly good computer - not great, but better than average I think, and the random maps take 2 or 3 minutes to generate. I timed it once, and it took the same amount of time to load the initial map as it did to play the 84 auto-play turns for Persia!
Patience is the best way to go with RAND

Oh, really? I guess I was just too used to RFC, easily one of the fastest mods around. I guess I'll go try RAND again and just watch TV while I wait.

EDIT: Thanks for the help, it really was just taking longer than I expected to generate a map. Thanks again!

Top Bottom