• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Raze city on Flood Plains=?

Esckey

Deity
So I burned down two French cities built on a flood plain, which removed the flood plain bonus and left it was just a plain old desert. Anyone else have this or soemthing similar happen to them?

Not quite, Woozy built a city on a nice oasis that I warned her not to settle. The oasis became a desert, but I thought that made sense.

I have seen the problem with Flood Plains becoming desert. If any city is built on them then they turn into desert. This is not good IMO and needs to be changed in a patch. This problem actually existed in Civilization IV.

I would prefer that Flood Plains remain the same even if a city is built on them or at least make it so that a worker can "repair" the tile to its old status. A city would probably damage the ecology to an extent (extent depending on many conditions perhaps) but whether that justifies the whole tile changing is debatable and probably doubtful. The panel still counts as having a river if I recall so there should still be fertile soil and over time more should accumulate.

Totally besides the point but I would say building a city on a floodplain is a bad idea anyway unless you are Dutch and know how to build a good dike :lol:

Also because there is no reason to build a city next to a river anymore (no health benefits nor trade route by river or city tile bonus) I always settle one tile away from them anyway and work all the river tiles. However the AI still likes to settle right next to them so I can see the floodplain turning into a desert thing to be an issue if you raze the city.

Top Bottom